Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Holy V - Calling all Gibson Holy V owners

Hi All

I bought a Gibson Holy V and now have concerns about it's Authenticity. I would love to hear from other Gibson Holy V owners about the following

Did your guitar have a 6 digit serial number?

Was the serial number engraved on the back of the headstock?

What case candy came with the guitar?

Did the case have a numbered lock or strap locks?

Again would love to hear from Gibson Holy V Owners about these issues. So I can put my mind at ease.

Thanks

Hi Shred Astaire

Here are some pics of the front and back of the headstock. My main concerns are that the serial number has only got six digits

and that it is not engraved on the back of the headstock. Also the position of the serial number and the made in the usa sign on the back of the headstock is a concern. From having a look on the net, at other gibson holy V for sale it seems to be correct.

But I had a look at the old Gibson Guitar of the Month website and the made in the usa sign and serial number were positioned differently

and they were engraved on the back of the headstock.

Anyway hope the pictures help.

thanks

post-27595-058347100 1291419420_thumb.jpg

post-27595-060059600 1291419645_thumb.jpg

Yeah thats a fair enough point I can see that they would try and make copies of the more mainstream gibson guitars

beacause it would be easier to get away with selling them. Compared to the more specialized limited edition models.

When I made the inital inquiry about the guitars authenticity, I was given the all clear from the gibson support team.

But since then I have called the gibson customer support line and the guy I spoke to couldn't verfiy the serial number. I'm about 75%

sure it not a fake and it maybe a case that the guy i spoke to just didn't search the right database.

Also from looking into it a bit more all the gibson holy vees for sale on the internet seem to have the serial number and the made in usa imprint positioned

in the same place at the back of the headstock as the pictures I posted earlier. So I don't think they could all be fakes.

but when you have sites like trade tang that openly advertise and sell gibson fakes of all kinds you can just never be sure unless you get verfication from the gibson team. They also ruin it for people who genuinely want to sell their gear on the internet.

As I mentioned in my last post i did get the guitar verfied before i bought it and it got given the all clear.

I actually called up the support line on another matter and decided to make an inquiry about the guitar while I had the representive on the line.

he couldn't find the serial number on his database so it got me thinking.

So I thought I'd put the call out there and was keen to hear from other people who own the guitar about certain specifics about the guitar.

Hi Laaz

Just to clarify were you talking about the photos posted earlier in the thread or did you try to add some pics of your own.

Also it sounds like you might own a gibson holy v. If so did your guitar come with a certiifcate of authenticity?

Did your guitar have a 6 digit serial number and was the serial number engraved on the back of the headstock? and

Thanks

Hi Laaz

Just to clarify were you talking about the photos posted earlier in the thread or did you try to add some pics of your own.

Also it sounds like you might own a gibson holy v. If so did your guitar come with a certiifcate of authenticity?

Did your guitar have a 6 digit serial number and was the serial number engraved on the back of the headstock? and

Thanks

Hey Newbie,I know where #064 is located for $1311.45....thought you might be interested in owning a *consecutive run pair* :)

Let us know how you go with the guitar when you get it Holy explorer. Also let us know about serial number position, whether the guitar came with a COA etc. if you don't mind.

Also thanks for everyones input I just heard back from the guys at gibson about my guitar and it seems

that everything checks out.

Still very keen to here from other Holy V owners and there experiences with the guitar.

Thanks

Let us know how you go with the guitar when you get it Holy explorer. Also let us know about serial number position, whether the guitar came with a COA etc. if you don't mind.

Also thanks for everyones input I just heard back from the guys at gibson about my guitar and it seems

that everything checks out.

Still very keen to here from other Holy V owners and there experiences with the guitar.

Thanks

Thanks,I'm now searching for a Holy Explorer...if anyone out there knows where I could find one I'd sure appreciate your info!!(location,price,production #,etc.)

Archived