Gibson Brands Forums

Serial check and questions

Zeppelin

Hi!

Hoping that maybe the Gibson staff would like to help me with this one, would me most greatful! I'm wondering about the specs on a guitar with the serial nr 009970537. -07 LP standard is what it should be but what's its colour, finish and what kind of mics is it fitted with? The neck profile is also of interest. 50's or 60's?

Thanks for any help! Best regards!

OK, things have obviously changed since my last visit to the site or am I remebering things wrong? I don't own the guitar yet and wanted to know more about it before I were to buy it. Since the seller can´t provide me with all the details I guess it's a dead end.

Anyone who wants to sell a guitar should be happy to send you any pics you request... I mean if it helps him make the sales he should jump throgh hoops to satisfy you.... One time I asked a guy to take photos of his guitar with a piece of fruit next to the neck... He did it no problem. Ask for the pics you need and then do the research...

OK' date=' things have obviously changed since my last visit to the site or am I remebering things wrong?[/quote']

Think you're remembering wrong. Based on the serial number, 009970537, we can determine what day the guitar was build and its production order, but that's it.

#537, built on the 99th day of 2007.

Archived