Gibson Brands Forums

Playing guitar in the house

neilpanda

I play guitar in the house A LOT and there can be some weird places I play.

the weirdest place I'd say is in the bathroom on the toilet(while using it).

and whats cool about it is I just heard a couple weeks ago that mr. purple haze

himself played his favorite epi acoustic in the cr@pper [thumbup]

kinda like this kid!

july-25th-2005-guitar-toilet-thumb.jpg

where do you guys play? [confused]

Half our livingroom is my "music area".......when my back/hip hurt too bad to sit, I stand on a "mini stage" I have there, when i'm hurting too bad to stand, I sit on the edge of our huge Ottoman in front of the couch.

When the weather is nice, I like to sit on the edge of our front porch, or on a barstool on the porch, with an acoustic, or an electric with a small combo amp, it's nice when some of the neighbors literally aged 8-to-80 gather in the yard to listen to me.....i've even been propositioned by a VERY Senior widow lady (see: aged 80)who liked my Blues jams so much that she invited me home.....(coulda' been my 1st "groupie" I guess). [scared]

I'm kinda glad that our bathroom isn't large enough to play a guitar while "sitting", that would just be one more reason for the wife to run me out because she's gotta' pee (legs crossed, bouncing in the doorway).

Hmmmmm...maybe a Mandolin, just to be mean?

Half our livingroom is my "music area".......when my back/hip hurt too bad to sit, I stand on a "mini stage" I have there, when i'm hurting too bad to stand, I sit on the edge of our huge Ottoman in front of the couch.

When the weather is nice, I like to sit on the edge of our front porch, or on a barstool on the porch, with an acoustic, or an electric with a small combo amp, it's nice when some of the neighbors literally aged 8-to-80 gather in the yard to listen to me.....i've even been propositioned by a VERY Senior widow lady (see: aged 80)who liked my Blues jams so much that she invited me home.....(coulda' been my 1st "groupie" I guess). [scared]

I'm kinda glad that our bathroom isn't large enough to play a guitar while "sitting", that would just be one more reason for the wife to run me out because she's gotta' pee (legs crossed, bouncing in the doorway).

Hmmmmm...maybe a Mandolin, just to be mean?

I lol'd at this

80 y.o. groupies... he haz them!!

Archived