Gibson Brands Forums

Idea for a Flying V...

GuitarGodV

Sure! make it a non pick guard model with a bound flame maple or quilted maple top. Might as well use the $850.00 new Floyd Titanium bridge as well. Throw a couple solid mount to body Duncan JB's in it and I'm in! [thumbup]

Hey guys,

just thinking - everyone likes the sound of a v,

and everybody likes a V with a floyd rose.

Anybody think they should make a flying v with a floyd rose AND two independent volume controls?

just sayin ;)

Victor

Hmmm, yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that. FRs are a pain in the tush. At one point I had 4, now 3 and looking to trim that down again.

Independant volume controls do make me happy though.

i'm plenty happy with mine, and it has the traditional '67 stopbar, 2 vpots/1 tpot......I even like the shrill azz ceramic p'ups it came stock with (yeah, I know i'm a 'tard).

i'm fixing to add nickel p'up covers and a pearlized p/g, but I wish the factory had produced a "V-line" w/trapezoid inlays....as it is, the options are dots, unless you pay the $$$ for a V-Custom, which has blocks, no traps.

Floyds are cool, when you're rich enough for a guitar tech.

lol

well, to resolve the allen wrench problem, i guess gibson could do the same thing they did with the pro/fx les paul, by keeping the wrenches on the headstock.

and you could just keep the back cover open :P

Victor

Archived