Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Edition Color SG Standards

IntuitionaL

I'm interested in the Gibson SG Standard and over the years I've researched there has been some limited editions. I found the silverburst to be my personal taste but as for the standard colors I would choose Heritage Cherry.

I just want to know where should I look to know when a new limited edition SG Standard is coming out? At the Gibson official site here? Or should there be somewhere else I just keep looking?

Because in the future I would buy a SG Standard but would prefer to buy a limited edition if the color suited me because it is more valuable in the end and it makes me feel more 'unique'. I would probably make a rush purchase if a new limited edition comes out a bit early. I prefer to have my limited editions new sadly, so I won't be buying any secondhand silverbursts or what not.

Does anyone also has any speculations to when another one will come out?

I'm interested in the Gibson SG Standard and over the years I've researched there has been some limited editions. I found the silverburst to be my personal taste but as for the standard colors I would choose Heritage Cherry.

I just want to know where should I look to know when a new limited edition SG Standard is coming out? At the Gibson official site here? Or should there be somewhere else I just keep looking?

Because in the future I would buy a SG Standard but would prefer to buy a limited edition if the color suited me because it is more valuable in the end and it makes me feel more 'unique'. I would probably make a rush purchase if a new limited edition comes out a bit early. I prefer to have my limited editions new sadly, so I won't be buying any secondhand silverbursts or what not.

Does anyone also has any speculations to when another one will come out?

Good question :-" . I see many different sg's at different web shops that i never seen on Gibson web site. Don't know anything about something new other than next year it's 50 anniversary for the sg, and i guess "there's gonna be some rockin'" sg's then

Not sure how much more valuable you think they are. They really aren't worth that much more than a regular finish.

The 50th anniversary models will be on Gibson's website; I doubt any others will. Places like Guitar Center/Musician's Friend/Sam Ash will advertise them if they are exclusive to those dealers. Otherwise, you'll probably just find them hanging in the stores.

Keeping an eye on the forums is probably your best bet. This forum isn't the greatest. Try Everything SG, The Gear Page, (maybe) My Les Paul, and the Les Paul Forum.

If Gibson does the same thing they did with the 50th Les Pauls, you'll see the first run come out in February/March and then several more different runs throughout the year.

Archived