Gibson Brands Forums

1964 Texan -

E-minor7

I've checked out European dealers & it seems the guitars are exactly the same except for a Limited Edition logo on the back of the headstock!

Price still the same.

Thank you - I have the feeling you own or know a thing or 2 about the 60'ties original. Is it right ?

The Macca is a wonderful guitar-better than some originals.It's very light & responsive.It's never left the house & only one other person has played it.He loved it & he's a Martin &Guild player.

The IB(DAFT NAME)is more like the Elitist.Sunburst finish,yes,but not as exact a re-issue.IT'S HEAVIER,Feels bigger.Ive hardly touched the set-up,I found another player playing it and he said it wasn't bass heavy,but quite even across the strings.Elecrical system has been replaced by a system I prefer.no controls in the soundhole.It'll probably be my main electro,tho' we rarely DI THESE DAYS,PREFERRING ACOUSTIC INTO MICS.

hOW DO i get the picture in my profile onto my posts?

Sign in - click on your pseudonym and continue to click on 'My settings'. Then switch over to 'profile' on the upper light-blue long-zone. Get an overview and see if you can find a point regarding photos. In my case it would say, 'Wanna change photo' or something like that. Find the button that connects you to your personal pc-stuff (select a file) and pick your avatar-shot. In rough that's how you do it.

Thank you for the comparison - I understand the Macca model is a step better than the IB. Is it right. . .

• 4 weeks later...

I did not like the pickups in the Epiphone I.B 64' either until i learned something very interesting about them. When Bass and Treble are set at 12 noon, it actual adding alot of db to each pot. Setting the pots all the way down i noticed..this is the neutral response as if it where 12 noon on other electronics. Once i learned this, i was able to get it decent no where as near as muddy. Is actually the best UST i have heard but...its def not a L.R Baggs iMIX or K&K western. ;)

Using the Fishman Aura pedal on the "Texan" setting with this UST, really makes my Texans "natural" tone project through the P.A. Fishman out-did themselves on that thing. WOW! ITS GREAT.

The Macca is a wonderful guitar-better than some originals.It's very light & responsive.It's never left the house & only one other person has played it.He loved it & he's a Martin &Guild player.

The IB(DAFT NAME)is more like the Elitist.Sunburst finish,yes,but not as exact a re-issue.IT'S HEAVIER,Feels bigger.Ive hardly touched the set-up,I found another player playing it and he said it wasn't bass heavy,but quite even across the strings.Elecrical system has been replaced by a system I prefer.no controls in the soundhole.It'll probably be my main electro,tho' we rarely DI THESE DAYS,PREFERRING ACOUSTIC INTO MICS.

Archived