Gibson Brands Forums

Is it, or is it NOT available?

Chris B.S

Ok, so i have bought an epiphone prophecy em-2 custom fx. now its an amazing guitar, played it at a storelast weekend and bought it.

but a day later the strap button came out, and upon buying the guitar i noticed a few scratches. The shop are happy to give me my money back but i want THAT GUITAR!

So here in england i am being told by the store (in guilford where i purchased it) that the guitar is discontinued and i cant order a new one. its the damaged (now fixed)one or a different guitar...

meanwhile (in another guitar shop in wembley) i am being told that the guitar can be ordered... and i've looked around aswell as checking, double checking and checking again that it does not say 'discontinued' on the epiphone website.

it is infact the Epiphone EM-1 that has been discontinued

So whats going on???

is this guitar discontinued or not?

can someone please help me out here and tell me for sure who has it wrong.

p.s. the attachment is a picture of the guitar in question

post-27700-070367200 1291744590_thumb.jpg

Hello welcome to the forum [biggrin]

If the only real issue is the strap button then you could ask the shop to repair it for you free of charge. you could chance asking for a discount because of the scratches too?

P.S cool guitar, you could really shred on that thing [thumbup]

Hello welcome to the forum [biggrin]

If the only real issue is the strap button then you could ask the shop to repair it for you free of charge. you could chance asking for a discount because of the scratches too?

P.S cool guitar, you could really shred on that thing [thumbup]

Cheers,

i know its not a huge problem, but i'm just not happy with it being a brand new guitar and all. on the other hand, it didnt even come in a box. no manual, no certificate, just bubble wrap. should it come with a certificate of authenticity and box?

thanks for the links :) ,

ive seen the one on the epiphone website which is why im confused, like i said the EM-1 says discontinued in red writing and mine doesnt.

good to know someone is saying it is still available. i might just get a refund and spend an extra £35 to go with the other store

Archived