Gibson Brands Forums

A Charlie Brown Christmas!

eightiesbaby80

I love A Charlie Brown Christmas! I try and watch it every year! But I make sure I listen to the music featured in it every holiday season! All done by Vince Guaraldi Trio, my favorite song is “Christmas Time is Here.” The instrumental version is actually free on iTunes for this week http://bit.ly/gFv0xi .

And for your viewing pleasure:

Christmas Time is Here is my favorite xmas song.

Cannot watch Charlie Brown anything though because it is too painful. Growing up I was Charlie Brown. No need to relive those awful childhood memories.

The Charlie Brown Christmas Special was an annual event for our family when I was growing up.

Sadly, I missed it this year and last due to the FCC taking it from me by forcing us into digital TV. Reception of most of my old stations is non-existent.

[crying]

I've asked for the bundled set of Christmas DVDs, Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty and one other... from Santa.

The Charlie Brown Christmas Special was an annual event for our family when I was growing up.

Sadly, I missed it this year and last due to the FCC taking it from me by forcing us into digital TV. Reception of most of my old stations is non-existent.

[crying]

I've asked for the bundled set of Christmas DVDs, Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty and one other... from Santa.

my annual family event is watching the home alone saga on christmas eve. yea we start at like 3pm [flapper]

Guts? It's just common sense.

Anyone see the new NBC commercial advertising NBC shows? "Merry Christmas" from cast members of most of their prime time shows. [thumbup] Now that's guts to go up against the anti-Christianity movement.

Merry CHRISTmas!

To my Jewish friends, Happy Hannukah

Guts? It's just common sense.

Anyone see the new NBC commercial advertising NBC shows? "Merry Christmas" from cast members of most of their prime time shows. [thumbup] Now that's guts to go up against the anti-Christianity movement.

Merry CHRISTmas!

To my Jewish friends, Happy Hannukah

Common sense? You aren't one of those there's a war on christmas people, are you? Christians stole the holiday celebrations from the Pagans anyway. It's time to steal it back.

Common sense? You aren't one of those there's a war on christmas people, are you? Christians stole the holiday celebrations from the Pagans anyway. It's time to steal it back.

Winter Solstice is Dec 21. Nobody's taken that, at least not in the Christian tradition.

Christmas is Dec 25, which by the way has borrowed Pagan traditions of bringing a tree into the house and lighting a Yule log and an 'elf' bringing gifts.

Retailer greed using heavy handed marketing turned the 'Christmas Season' into a four week buying binge attached to the word Christmas.

Yes, there is a war against Christmas.

Retailer greed using heavy handed marketing turned the 'Christmas Season' into a four week buying binge attached to the word Christmas.

Yes, there is a war against Christmas.

Sounds more like a war on our wallets.

Sorry the war on Christmas is Fox b.s.

No one is saying don't celebrate Christmas. If you want your kids to embrace the tradition instead of the holidays then raise them in the belief. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, this happens to be a time of year we get an excuse to get together with family and buy them things that make them happy.

If just being with your family makes you happy then do that.

This isn't some regieme we're living under demanding we spend money, if the holidays aren't the holidays to you then you're not doing it right.

I love the Christmas holidays and the spirit of it all, it's a great way to end a calendar year and move into another.

The whole non-denominational "Happy Holidays" vs "Christmas" is marketing it has nothing to do with actually celebrating it. If something is debranded from Christmas to Holiday it's a business move and really shouldn't affect your enjoyment of your own holiday.

Why can't people be secure enough in their own to not feel threatened by every other little thing?

Bottom Line? It IS what you make it. Enjoy it.

Archived