Gibson Brands Forums

Just ordered a pedal

Dub-T-123

So here's the deal..

I've been using my Fuzz Factory a lot in my band lately. I have my amp set clean and kindof toned down to make the FF sound perfect when it's on. I also have the FF set really loud and it boosts my signal A LOT when I kick it on.

This means my fuzz tone sounds awesome but my clean tone (a huge part of my sound) is quiet and toned down (even still it sounds good on the Vox).

To compensate I've been using my MXR Classic OD to boost my clean tone. No matter what I do it gives me way too much distortion and I don't like the tone much. It really feels like I'm playing through an OD pedal in a bad way.

So I've realized what I want is a clean boost and not an OD pedal. That's where the SHO comes in.

I know I just posted a thread about extreme GAS for another pedal but I pulled a Fred and put it off. This just makes more sense for me at the moment. I "need" it for my band so it took first priority.

I got another handpainted model. I was planning on getting a Vexter model or a clone to save some cash but I found a painted one on eBay with a BIN that I couldn't resist. It's an 04 with the golden bee design painted by Myrold. The seller says it's in "immaculate" condition..

We'll see. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Yeah I thought about having my brother build me a SHO clone or a BYOC tri-boost but I decided to just buy one. The BYOC tri-boost looks really cool by the way.

Are you thinking about getting a kit or just finding some schematics and making a trip to radio shack?

Also where would you get the enclosure? Smallbear?

Yeah I thought about having my brother build me a SHO clone or a BYOC tri-boost but I decided to just buy one. The BYOC tri-boost looks really cool by the way.

Are you thinking about getting a kit or just finding some schematics and making a trip to radio shack?

Also where would you get the enclosure? Smallbear?

I'll probably just get the stuff here PedalPartsPlus. Seems like a simple enough circut to figure out.

Thats dope D. I need a boost too. I think I'ma build one.

I've made a couple of these. They sound killer(best clean boost pedal IMO), and only have a few parts. Check out Aron Nelson's website. There's layouts for it there.

Evol - ZVex doesn't make a pedal that I don't like. If I had enough money, I'd buy them all.

Roberto - Pedal parts plus is sweet. I have a whole screenprinting setup at my house right now. If I had it for longer I would use it to print on an enclosure. Yeah they seem easy to build. That's why I wouldn't pay $200+ for a new one as much as I know it's worth it in the long run.

Jon - Have you designed any original pedals?

Retro - I know I'll love it. What's not to love? The Super Duper is also excellent. Very practical. I especially love the ones with the guy with the really long nose on it.

neat pedal.

watched the demo, sounds nice.

for that kinda money though......msp_thumbdn.gif

it's just silly to layout that kinda money for stomp boxes(IMHO)

when, if you are even slightly inclined you can do a little research and build your own.

To each his own. I spent a lot on my Fuzz Factory but I think it's totally worth it.

I bought this pedal used for substantially less than what they go for new. It's worth it to me.

I haven't gotten the pedal yet by the way. I'm still waiting for paypal to clear my payment. Paypal lags pretty hard.

That's cool Jon. I'm jealous. I really suck at soldering.

Archived