Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page wiring a Traditional Plus

unk0wn

Hey I want to get my trad plus wired up for the jimmy page style coil taps and out of phase sounds from push pull pots on the vol and tone knobs. I've read that the 57 classics are only 2 conductors so it would have to be modded. Does anyone know how much this would cost and what other parts would be needed? If the Traditional Pro is able to have coil taps with the 57 classic and Burstbucker wouldn't this be a option? How did people like Page do this back in the 70s?

Hey I want to get my trad plus wired up for the jimmy page style coil taps and out of phase sounds from push pull pots on the vol and tone knobs. I've read that the 57 classics are only 2 conductors so it would have to be modded. Does anyone know how much this would cost and what other parts would be needed? If the Traditional Pro is able to have coil taps with the 57 classic and Burstbucker wouldn't this be a option? How did people like Page do this back in the 70s?

There are 4 wire 57 Classics available but the standard ones are just 2 wire.

Well, you take your pickups to a local guitar shop that you know is incredibly good with pickups and they can open them up and convert them to a 4-wire setup for you. It's not cheap but if you have a love affair with those pickups, it could be the only answer to your prayers. Most shops, by the way, will probably try to talk you out of this choice.

Bring a co-signer.

Archived