Gibson Brands Forums

Why the current hate-on for Firebird?

Gilliangirl

Thats funny the firebird x is in there twice..... lol I don't know if its hate Karen; its more a Gibson has lost its business sense and is going after collectors more than average players. I know there is a hge profit margin in that guitar; but its going to fail hard and displease loads of people again. It could be the third strike for their expensive line.

I bet this thing will sell out but not to players. Also the "Revolution" is not one at all; this stuff (including effects) was done in the 60's and 70's and failed then also. Gibson did not invent the auto tuning and they aren't even the only ones doing it; so I don't see the foundation for the marketing hype. If we rely on history it will show the epic fails in the last decade; not too many purchased the Robot and they made loads of them. I don't understand why the company doesn't stick to what it does best. Basic guitars hand made with no fancy computer junk in them.

Just my spin on the situation.

This. msp_thumbup.gif

It is a pretty interesting looking thing.

I've always (well, since I discovered it existed about a year ago) wanted to have a go on one of these:

wem4.JPG

Click the image to read about it and see how fantastically over the top its insides look. :)

Edit: There's some more photos and details about it on this page too: http://www.watkinsguitars.co.uk/othersolids.htm

Archived