Gibson Brands Forums

Goodbye Mr. Moody

jaxson50

He recorded and preformed with Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones Lionel Hampton, BB King, Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison & Amy Winehouse, Glenn Campbell, Lou Rawls, Elvis Presley, and the James Moody Quartet, over 50 solo albums, but it was his recording of Body & Soul with Coleman Hawkins that he is best known for.

James died today at age 85 from pancreatic cancer...he was one hell of a teacher too! Over coming the loss of most of his hearing to become one of the top musicians of our era...

RIP James...

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a little time with him. He was one of the sweetest, nicest, and funniest people you would ever want to meet. Certainly one of the GOOD GUYS, with a smile and a joke that would light up a room.

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a little time with him. He was one of the sweetest, nicest, and funniest people you would ever want to meet. Certainly one of the GOOD GUYS, with a smile and a joke that would light up a room.

He really was one of the good guys, his life spanned the best years of Jazz, and he also played a big roll in Pop. His biography would be a great movie just to cover the history of those two art forms from his view. He had a front row seat and played a roll.

Archived