Gibson Brands Forums

58 VOS reissue club

jackmoon

Jack Moon's the name .I've just purchased my VOS 58 tobacco sunburst RI from Travis at Bizarre Guitar (www.bizarreguitar.com) and it's a beauty. Maybe fellow 58'ers out there can share pics and stories in this post. I'll include some images of my '58 after I wash and shave..

thanks man. how do you like the neck on yours

i love it. the "at home" feeling was immediate. I tried out others to compare the feeling but this was the right one. the way I can best describe it would be to compare it to giving a girl you have a crush on a first hug...couldn't wait to take her home for the first kiss :-k

i love it. the "at home" feeling was immediate. I tried out others to compare the feeling but this was the right one. the way I can best describe it would be to compare it to giving a girl you have a crush on a first hug...couldn't wait to take her home for the first kiss =P~

nice! it felt a little chuncky from what im used to, but i actually think im startin to turn. also it seems the binding on the inside of the horn is a little covered with the stain, is yours like this? i dont know maby thats how orig 58's were

nice! it felt a little chuncky from what im used to' date=' but i actually think im startin to turn. also it seems the binding on the inside of the horn is a little covered with the stain, is yours like this? i dont know maby thats how orig 58's were[/quote']

yes, I know what you're talking about. actually, I believe it was Tim who had started a thread about this not too long ago. I can't actually tell you for certain what that is (I was away for a couple days and forgot about it) but I'm actually curious...so if anyone knows (Tim?) could you explain what that is exactly?

I'll upload some pics if someone can show me the method (make it simple please...).eusa_whistle.gif

Most people here use Photobucket. It takes about 2 minutes to set up a free account there and then upload your pics to there site. Once the photos are uploaded to Photobucket, there are several options or Tags under each photo. Just click the IMG tag and then paste it into the body of your forum message. At first it will just look loke code until you hit the Post button, then your pic will show up. Also, if pics appear too small, just use your refresh button on your browser.

Archived