Gibson Brands Forums

Have you played an EB-0F?

Lungimsam

• 2 months later...

The built in Fuzz-Tone sound kind of like an Electric Fart! [cursing] There is quite a delay in the attack, depending on how hard you pluck the string. It was kind of an odd combination that really didn't sell well. Only about 250 of these sold in three years.

1964GibsonEB-0F.jpg

Is that one yours?

Thanks for the info. Too bad it didn't sound good and catch on.

The bass is mine. I bought it over ten years ago. It is a bad refin. My intent was to restore it back to it's origional color, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

• 9 years later...
On 3/2/2011 at 11:59 AM, Grog said:

The bass is mine. I bought it over ten years ago. It is a bad refin. My intent was to restore it back to it's origional color, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

luv the fuzz on these, very reminiscent of Felix's brutal sound many years later with mega tube overdrive. 

a decade later, did you get'r done? 

The bass is identical to an EB-0 of the same era, with the exception of a built in Fuzztone. The controls are the same as the pedal, but with a bypass switch. The basses all have the first variation of the Fuzztone in them, FZ-1. My pedal pictured is of a FZ-1A, the second variation with different transistors I believe. The pedal has a volume, the bass has an ON/OFF to save battery life. The volume on the bass controls the Fuzztone also if it is on.

w4ixqYY.jpg

q2CcrYE.jpg

Edited by Grog

6 hours ago, Grog said:

The bass is identical to an EB-0 of the same era, with the exception of a built in Fuzztone. The controls are the same as the pedal, but with a bypass switch. The basses all have the first variation of the Fuzztone in them, FZ-1. My pedal pictured is of a FZ-1A, the second variation with different transistors I believe. The pedal has a volume, the bass has an ON/OFF to save battery life. The volume on the bass controls the Fuzztone also if it is on.

w4ixqYY.jpg

q2CcrYE.jpg

Thanks!!!

Andy