Gibson Brands Forums

Metrodome Roof Collapse....

Murph

I'm just amazed with Brett's luck this year, it didn't collapse right on him while he was throwing an interception. :-" [scared]

Time to build that new stadium.

Just take the roof off and play in the snow like Da Bears........

I'm just amazed with Brett's luck this year, it didn't collapse right on him while he was throwing an interception. :-" [scared]

Time to build that new stadium.

That's a neat clip. Thanks for posting. It looks like, now, they're going to be playing Monday night in Detroit.

I don't know what they were smoking back then, but they thought a giant air bubble would be

the future as opposed to simply rebuilding the old Met stadium.

Most of us vouched for the Met to be upgraded and left at the same location in Bloomington.

What replaced it?.... a giant mall.

Now the dome's not good enough, so everybody wants a retractable roofed stadium.

Twins got their field, U Of M got theirs, Vikes want theirs as well.

Wait, players want an extended 20 million dollar contract?

Put a down payment on the stadium or get the hell outta Dodge.

It's a damn waste.

I just got my Mom on the plane to south Texas via Minneapolis.

Last nite two larger planes from Seattle were diverted to Rapid City, SD, due to horrid weather in Minneapolis and any airport for them any closer there, so it was a zoo this morning at the airport. But Minneapolis was open for flights again even though I don't think you could drive there yet.

Anyway... The air bubble was pretty popular for years. Still have one for the University of South Dakota. They also had some problems with the fiber balloon dome. When it was built nobody was thinking what would happen a few years later with reeeeally big snowfalls and I think the material was the low bid "should be good enough" 'stedda what should have been used.

m

We have the same type of Stadium in Vancouver. A couple of years ago part of the roof got ripped off during a wind storm and it collapsed. They fixed it pretty quick. It think its probably on youtube as well. Anyway, its getting a new roof built as we speak ( retractable )should be ready by Sept 2011.

Well... it's off to work for me. Just found out my Mom made it safely to south Texas. <grin> Now she gets to go out for a nice supper. I get to go to work.

Anyway, apparently the weather in Minneapolis is easing up.

m

Well... it's off to work for me. Just found out my Mom made it safely to south Texas. <grin> Now she gets to go out for a nice supper. I get to go to work.

m

It was a crazy weekend for weather indeed here.

Glad your Mom's safe bro. [thumbup]

m

Yea, but the problem is that their weather is here by me now.... smiley-angry019.gif

Archived