Gibson Brands Forums

Luminox Navy Seal Watch ?

Murph

Well you heard the old navy saying that Seamen Glow in the dark..........

Watch it you wing nutt! Thats only when we take a nap on a special bird! [glare]

I used to wear one Murph, I replaced my Seiko divers watch with one when I went into the Navy and it would absolutely outlast the Seiko, can't speak for the Citizen's.

Yup, they are filled with Tritium. Supposed to be good for 25 years.They always glow so they don't need exposure to light. The one I have is the

" F-117 Nighthawk " version. It's my everyday work watch. I think they are also sold under the "Traser" brand as well. Good rubber strap on it too, just wash it under the tap if it gets grungy.

Yup, they are filled with Tritium. Supposed to be good for 25 years.They always glow so they don't need exposure to light. The one I have is the

" F-117 Nighthawk " version. It's my everyday work watch. I think they are also sold under the "Traser" brand as well. Good rubber strap on it too, just wash it under the tap if it gets grungy.

I'm not finding any local, just online.

I hate to order stuff without being able to hold it first, ya know?

That watch gets glowing reviews......And it's about time......I wouldn't hesitate to get one in a minute......or one second hand.......that's crystal clear....Anyone who wants one ?? More hour to them.....

Never understood why a Navy Seal or any covert operations type guy would want to put a glowing object on his arm.. on a dark night a sniper can spot a glowing cigarette a half a mile away...with night vision gear those watches must look like the Vegas strip.

I understand why diver would want to see a time piece under water, but....

Never understood why a Navy Seal or any covert operations type guy would want to put a glowing object on his arm.. on a dark night a sniper can spot a glowing cigarette a half a mile away...with night vision gear those watches must look like the Vegas strip.

I understand why diver would want to see a time piece under water, but....

There's a neoprene sleeve that the watch goes in and it has a cover that velcro's over the watch face.

There's a neoprene sleeve that the watch goes in and it has a cover that velcro's over the watch face.

That's great while you wear neoprene. I'm just thinking of a water warrior coming out of the surf, covering his face with black goo, camo up the ying yang and wearing a glowing watch on his wrist. Navy seals have carried out missions in Iraq, being dropped in behind lines by choppers, I have not been to Iraq, but my two Marine nephews have, neoprene is not the uniform of choice when it's 130 degrees. Of course one could cover the watch with a velcro patch.

I got one. It replaced a seiko classic divers watch that I bought in the early 80's. The luminox is feather light compared to the seiko. The face is lit up nicely. I doubt the sniper remark is valid, it's not that bright. It's good enough to see during a night dive with your wrist turned in front of your face so you could see it. It's an excellent dive watch. Just my .02. I haven't been shot yet [flapper]

Archived