Gibson Brands Forums

Dream Rig

djroge1

For me it would be a 68 Marshall Plexi Super Lead 12 Series with the Pre-rola 20 watt celestions, A Saldono SLO 100, and a Blackface Twin reverb, Early 80's 100 watt JCM800 with 1960TV Cabinet with 25 watt Celestions, An original Marshall JTM45, and a Roland JC120. hmmm Think that about covers it. Probably a few other little amps as well.... Vox, 18 watt Marshall, orange,.... I could keep going forever.

Most of this stuff I have had in the past and wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of accept the 68 Plexi, Soldano and JTM....

Nothing I really need as i already have more gear than talent. !!! msp_laugh.gif

My Sunn amp, a marshall vintage modern and an orange rocker 30

Pedalboard with tuner, my fuzzes I have (swollen pickle, 69 fuzz, two Big Muffs, one russian, one american) a delay, an OD, and some other random goodies

A 335, my LP, an SG and a Firebird. Oh, and a Gretsch Duo Jet.

Think that about covers it [biggrin]

You asked, so don't give me ****

If money was no object, I'd have one of everything... Marshall stacks to the Krank Jr. and R9s to Koa ukeleles.

I'd also have a nice, huge studio to put it all in, with a stage, lights, pyrotechnics and live dancing girls.

Well.... you asked [flapper]

If money was no object, I'd have one of everything... Marshall stacks to the Krank Jr. and R9s to Koa ukeleles.

I'd also have a nice, huge studio to put it all in, with a stage, lights, pyrotechnics and live dancing girls.

Well.... you asked [flapper]

Uh, honey...... I'm going to hang out at ChanMans for a while..... be back later....way latermsp_biggrin.gif

Gotta say my 18 watt Marshall clone is pretty damn perfect.

It makes me smile every time I play it.

That said there are quite a few amps I'd still love to own...

I need a Marshall JTM 45 - not want... need!

I want a Champ, Vibro Champ, Bronco, etc

I'm jonesin' for a Marshall Class 5 lately

When they issue the Vox Lil' Night train as just as head, I'm there

As for guitars... I am having a hard time playing slide way up high on

my Les Pauls, so I think an SG night be nice for that. While I love the

two Les Pauls I have now, I think an R0 would make me even happier.

That's my wish list I guess.

Let's see...

For playing at home... everything and the room to put it. <chortle>

For playing out... a nice new 175 and 335 and for lousy weather, the Epi equivalents but with bone nuts - all nicely professionally set up for 9-42 Elixirs. A good cutaway A-E with a Gibson-style neck like the Songwriter or a Humingbird pro and ditto with an Epi bad-weather backup with a bone nut and setup for fingerpicking light strings. Once in a while a reeeally good classical, Ramirez maybe? <Big chortle at that, given the price tag.>

Bob Norton's PA with the lightweight Carvin 15s sound good after that, and a good multi-effect pedal to add some thickness to the light strings. For a blues quartet probably the Leslie emulator I already have, figuring 2 guitars, bass and drums. Then I can lead, rhythm or pretend I'm a B3.

Add a really good vocal mike. Maybe a fancy voice "box" to add harmony occasionally and a bit of thickness to a thin voice.

Mebbe for filling in somewhere a nice bass, probably a jazz bass, and any under-35 pound ss amp with line out to the PA.

No one piece weighs over 35 pounds that way, lots of volume. Add a light handcart and... <grin>

m

Wow, this is subject to change by the minute

I don't know enough about amps to know if a Tophat is better than an Orange or HiWatt, etc. So I'll make it really simple

The Vox AC30 the Beatles used, the Les Paul that Page played, the Strat that SRV played (not his, but an exact replica, down to the string gauge), the current pedalboard of Dan Auerbach and that should make me pretty happy

My dream rig, well outfit really, would be 2 Marshall Plexi's 4 1960 Marshall 4x12 cab's, 2 Bogner Ecstasy heads, 4 Bogner closed back 4x12 cabs, Digitec GNX 4, Roland GR-20 guitar Synth pedal board, Hiel Talkbox, Morley Big Muff. A real 58 Gibson L.P. Gold Top not a reissue! A real 61 SG / L.P. Not a reissue either, Gibson Dbl. Neck, Gibson Ace Frehley model L.P., Gibson Access L.P. and a Jimmy Page "The 1" L.P.

And since I am a KISS fan, I would include a Gene Simmons Punisher and Axe bass as well as an Ibanez PS-10. OH and just for grins, a Crate BV600H and 2 matching 16x12 cabs!

Shawn

I played a '67 SG Special into an old (64?) Twin Reverb and the cleans totally blew my mind. I would love to have that combo. I'm really happy with my current rig though. I think it's really shaping up.

There are way too many pedals I want to list.

There are a bunch of guitars I want.

So I don't know I guess a nice collection of guitars and a Twin and an ac30 and possibly an Orange or something to do some rockin. And a big fat board full of sweet pedals.

Hm...

These days, I'm thinking a Blackface Twin Reverb (and I know I posted a thread a few months ago denouncing the Blackfaces, but then I got to spend some time playing a bunch of really nice ones and figured out how to dial them in,) a nice wah pedal, one of those Blackstone ODs (OH MY GOD THOSE THINGS ARE GREAT,) a fuzz for good measure, probably the Fuzz Factory, and a Tubescreamer-style pedal (a stock TS-9 is probably good enough) to push it for leads, a good delay (a cheap one without too many settings, because I'd probably use it mostly for slapback,) and frankly that's got to be about it for me. Might want a chorus, might want a flanger, but as far as gain I'd probably get enough for most any style from the Blackstone and the TS-9, and I've got all the reverb I could need from the amp. Might want one of the EHX Analog Synths just to screw around with. Then a few more SGs, and maybe a Strat to round things out. I'd love an Explorer, too, ditto a nice V. Not certain on a Les Paul--I like 'em just fine, but there's a reason as to why I went for an SG as my first electric instead. Lord knows I could've gone for an LP Studio if I felt so inclined.

Basic clean sound is the SG straight into the Twin Reverb. Basic dirty is the SG run through either the Blackstone or the Fuzz Factory and into the Twin Reverb. TS-9 for color. Wah whenever I damn-well feel like it.

I need a Marshall JTM 45 - not want... need!

Yeah I'm with you on that......

really though, 59 Bassman, original mint.

no re-issue crap, the real deal.

with my current set-up pedal board.

and a 1960 LP special single cut.

...I need a Marshall JTM 45 - not want... need!

...I'm jonesin' for a Marshall Class 5 lately....

Yeah, a JTM45 sitting on top of a 1960TV cab would be on my list.

I got a Class 5 a few months ago. It's a neat little amp and PLENTY loud for "only" 5 watts. I suggest you satisfy that jones.

Wow great thread. I'd want a Marshall stack (I can't even say exactly which if there are different types, but just that). Does a record contract count for part of the rig? Probably not. Are record contracts even relevant any more? Just asking.

I'm pretty happy with the amp side of my rig ~ Dumble clone. However, an HRM Dumble style amp would be cool but mostly I think a Train Wreck is in my future (clone not a real train wreck).

Dumble in one channel and a Train Wreck on the other side.

I'm pretty happy with the amp side of my rig ~ Dumble clone. However, an HRM Dumble style amp would be cool but mostly I think a Train Wreck is in my future (clone not a real train wreck).

Dumble in one channel and a Train Wreck on the other side.

Is the Dumble clone a Ceriatone?

Archived