Gibson Brands Forums

The "Get Angry" Thread

Shnate McDuanus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Zen student came to the master and complained, "Master, I have an ungovernable temper. How can I cure it?"

"You have something that is very strange," said the master. "Let me see this thing that you have."

"I cannot show it to you just now," said the student.

"Then when can you show it to me?" asked the master

"It arises unexpectedly," replied the student.

"Then it must not be your own true nature. If it were, you could show it to me at any time. It is something you are not born with. It is not you." the master replied.

Lao_Tzu.jpg

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

yoda-745662.gif

Just remember... take ten deep breaths. Not only is this relaxing, but it will help keep you from getting winded while you kick the stuffings out of the moron who pissed you off.

It also might keep you from getting a little vacation from the Gibson Forums.... or publicly spanked by the mods spank.gif

Just sayin'

[lol]

I don't get mad, I get even!! ;>)

Seriously, just consider the source, and/or what's making you angry, deal with it, logically, and move on.

Check your blood sugar (no, I'm not kidding)...low blood sugar leads to mood swings, sometimes, wild ones.

A soda or candy "simple sugars" (if that's all that's available) will help, but fruit. or other

complex carbohydrates, would be much better, long term.

CB

High blood sugar will, too, CB:(

Yeah, but I know a lot of people, who haven't eaten for awhile,

get very "cranky," until they do...then, they're fine. It's not

good to have too low or too high, blood sugar. There are LOTS

of people, who have Type 2 Diabetes, OR Hypoglycemia, that don't

even know it. Or, are on the cusp, for one or the other. With

the typical "American" diet, and way too much of it, it's almost

a given, unfortunately.

CB

Niiiiice doggy.... eeeeeasy there fellla.... (anyone bring some steak???)

I caught this pic at the right moment. He was coughing something up as I clicked.

Even though he's a staffy he's the most lovable dog you could meet.

Frankie!!

Yeah, but I know a lot of people, who haven't eaten for awhile,

get very "cranky," until they do...then, they're fine. It's not

good to have too low or too high, blood sugar. There are LOTS

of people, who have Type 2 Diabetes, OR Hypoglycemia, that don't

even know it. Or, are on the cusp, for one or the other. With

the typical "American" diet, and way too much of it, it's almost

a given, unfortunately.

CB

This is me.

Type 2 Diabetes is difficult to diagnose, and it's hard to tell when it's just your sugar or you're bona fide pissed.

So I gave up anger in favor of lesser emotions :D

!!!

I thought this thread would be fun! I mean...in ways I guess it is for me, but I thought it could be easily recognized as a joke thread.

I mean, if I were really angry and I wanted to share it with the forum, I think I'd have actually written more about why I was angry.

Nah, I was between napping, eating and writing a paper (which came out very nicely by the way) and I decided to check the Gibson Forums. While I was here I for some reason got the image of this thread's first post in my mind and thought it was hilarious, so I decided to post it. I guess it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be...

For the record, though:

I recommend lotsa Pantera Vulgar Display of Power and some time in the weight room. Works for me. Just need to follow my own advice these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUX8qaGfWs

When I'm angry (and back when I got angry more often,) I used to do that. Pantera, along with Exodus, Testament and Kreator, were all big helps during my angry years--they still are, during my angry minutes. [thumbup]

Archived