Gibson Brands Forums

The New 36 L 00

suburude63

Beautiful. Way better condition than one could expect. Where'd you find it? Nice pics, too. Do you have it yet? 'Still have the Greven?

We'll be anxiously awaiting your observations comparing the two.

Now, for those of us still on the hunt, perhaps you could tell us what someone could expect to pay for a venerable old Gibson L-00 such as that? [biggrin]

Interesting road rash on the top... I guess we'll never know what they've been through & what songs have come out of them.

That's just part of the mystery, I guess.

Enjoy.

what's that thing where the nut should be? other than that, it looks wonderful

I had the same reaction when I first looked at the picture, too. The highlight on the lower headstock above the nut looked like the nut, and the ebony nut looked like a gap between the nut and the fretboard.

She's a beaut, Sub! Play and play and play.

Red 333

Beautiful. Way better condition than one could expect. Where'd you find it? Nice pics, too. Do you have it yet? 'Still have the Greven?

We'll be anxiously awaiting your observations comparing the two.

Now, for those of us still on the hunt, perhaps you could tell us what someone could expect to pay for a venerable old Gibson L-00 such as that? [biggrin]

Interesting road rash on the top... I guess we'll never know what they've been through & what songs have come out of them.

That's just part of the mystery, I guess.

Enjoy.

The story is wild actually ! A family in PA. brought it into a Guitar Center and sold it to them. It was bought buy a member of this family in 1936 new . Played by grandpa with slide only ! Hence no fret wear at all ! Fret board is perfect. The guy I bought it from bought it from Guitar Center then sold it to me. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. [cool]

57 Southern Jumbo , Grevin L oov and this.

Interesting. I would have assumed you had a lot more. I do seem to recall that you move them in and out with some frequency. I'm jonesing for Martin 0-21 right now but I can't figger out which Gibbys (yes, plural) to let go of to make it happen. I get too emotionally attached to these things, I guess.

Interesting. I would have assumed you had a lot more. I do seem to recall that you move them in and out with some frequency. I'm jonesing for Martin 0-21 right now but I can't figger out which Gibbys (yes, plural) to let go of to make it happen. I get too emotionally attached to these things, I guess.

I have been culling the herd and trying to get very nice vintage models ! I love them.

I have been culling the herd and trying to get very nice vintage models ! I love them.

are you finding you're taking a beating on what you've already moved? i'm watching some of these auctions on ebay and am quite dismayed at some of the final prices paid. a nice clean '51 J45 just went for 2600.00. considerably less than what i would accept for mine. scary if you're seller right now.

57 Southern Jumbo , Grevin L oov and this.

Suburude.....I guess you will be wanting to GIVE that Greven away???? LOL>....hey congradulations on your new L00...looks like a beauty. I would like to know the story of those claw marks, which I'm sure was lost in time. Great get.....no work to be done....that's the ticket.....can you put up sound bites?????

Suburude.....I guess you will be wanting to GIVE that Greven away???? LOL>....hey congradulations on your new L00...looks like a beauty. I would like to know the story of those claw marks, which I'm sure was lost in time. Great get.....no work to be done....that's the ticket.....can you put up sound bites?????

Nothing to be given away my friend ! :rolleyes: I will try to put up a comparison of the Greven and the 36 L 00 Wily .

are you finding you're taking a beating on what you've already moved? i'm watching some of these auctions on ebay and am quite dismayed at some of the final prices paid. a nice clean '51 J45 just went for 2600.00. considerably less than what i would accept for mine. scary if you're seller right now.

E bay is not the place to b selling a 51 J 45 I think. You have to put it on AGF and Collings or The Martin forum and be patient. But I beleive that some vintage stuff is inflated to a point. But I agree its a buyers market right now.

Archived