Gibson Brands Forums

band or stage names

tartanbeastie

Hey I'm guessing that this has been done so many times but I'm curious about the band or stage names we have had or used over the years..In my younger days when i was starting out with a band we went from "EMPYRE" to"CATCH 22.."

I'm not currently in a band or playing much other than in the house but my wife is in a band called "FIRE LILY"

however, i would love to start a new band, mixture of sounds from country to blues or light rock, rock n roll and should it ever happen I really want to use the name "THE KNUCKLE SHUFFLERS" i think its amusing and catchy.

So what are you collectively or singularly known as these days??

Well...

Purple Platinum

Destroyer

Phoenix

Paragon

My actual name as a solo acoustic artist

Storm

Ohm's Law

Touch

and lastly Storm, again.

I played under both my real name and Dustin James.

There were some other, brief stints with bands, like the all girl band and a slew of metal bands in the '80s, but these were the ones that either lasted a while or actually played gigs.

[thumbup]

Stillwater(late 60's played all CCR)

Mad Dog(Country and Rock 70's)

Loose Change(Top 40 Rock 70's)

Twister(Rock & Heavy Metal 80's)

Crystal Blade(Metal 80's)

The Pac(Top 40 Rock 80's)

Six Pack(MTV Top 40 80's)

Switch(recorded first digital master in Kansas at Bigdog Studio in Wichita)

Hey I'm guessing that this has been done so many times but I'm curious about the band or stage names we have had or used over the years..In my younger days when i was starting out with a band we went from "EMPYRE" to"CATCH 22.."

I'm not currently in a band or playing much other than in the house but my wife is in a band called "FIRE LILY"

however, i would love to start a new band, mixture of sounds from country to blues or light rock, rock n roll and should it ever happen I really want to use the name "THE KNUCKLE SHUFFLERS" i think its amusing and catchy.

So what are you collectively or singularly known as these days??

Before (mostly college bands):

• Dam@scus
  • Jettison
  • The Rescue
  • Highway Nine

Now: Witmer & Anastasi

As in Green Manalishi???

Catchy!!

Chanman I am getting the feeling you're a Judas Priest fan. I guess in this instance maybe Fleetwood Mac. I used to play Green Manalishi in my first band.msp_thumbup.gif

Archived