Gibson Brands Forums

Fingerpicking on my own

quiqueguitar

Hi there everyone! This is a song I composed and recorded recently. This technique consists in alternating the bass notes with your thumb while you play the melody with the other fingers. The guitar is a telecaster and the amp a Matchless Lightning, an expensive but reliable, powerful but mellow-sounding amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTsvoWh-6a8

All your comments will be greatly appreciated. Take care and thanks for watching!

That is a nice little piece; quite cheeky sounding! msp_biggrin.gif I thought it had some unusual little twists in the chords too which made in not a run of the mill progression msp_thumbup.gif

Does your middle finger and thumb ache when playing?I ask because I notice the style of picking you use seems to be based around the thumb and middle? or is the index working too?! if I don't alternate with all the fingers, my fingers lose their momentum.

Nice tone too by the way.

Matt

Its no more spam than when another member posts video clips of them playing.

There is a difference when members have interacted here a while, and when someone comes from out of the blue, and says "hey check me out". They have every right but I'm not going to bite.

There is a difference when members have interacted here a while, and when someone comes from out of the blue, and says "hey check me out". They have every right but I'm not going to bite.

He's been here longer than you and he's a great guy, he simply hasnt been in the lounge.

He's been here longer than you and he's a great guy, he simply hasnt been in the lounge.

I don't care how LONG ago one created a profile. Again, not much interaction, which is the point you missed. I could care less what people do with it. I'm just speaking for myself. You don't have to agree with me.

I don't care how LONG ago one created a profile. Again, not much interaction, which is the point you missed. I could care less what people do with it. I'm just speaking for myself. You don't have to agree with me.

Sooooo....

Post count= cred with you.

Clearly.

Interesting.

Hi there everyone! This is a song I composed and recorded recently. This technique consists in alternating the bass notes with your thumb while you play the melody with the other fingers. The guitar is a telecaster and the amp a Matchless Lightning, an expensive but reliable, powerful but mellow-sounding amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTsvoWh-6a8

All your comments will be greatly appreciated. Take care and thanks for watching!

Come to Nashville.

There is bound to be work just waiting on you to do it!

Great technique, great tone!

Nice twang, man I gotta get me a telecaster someday.

SG Man craving a Tele ??? Hmmm....Yup, nothing sounds or plays like them.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....I've never played Sabbath on a Tele, hmmm..........

/chuckle

Yiou said it... doesn't matter how long, but how many posts.

Pretty A to B in my book but if that qualifies as "deep intellect" to you...

/shrug.

Might want to start a different thread as opposed to continuing to drag this one down.

I'll just add one more comment, DAS44 when he came here built up 500 posts in a couple of days probably for that same reason.

I'll also say that the OP has posted here already with his music and I don't see the problem with anyone posting their music. He plays a Gibson in another thread and he is posting to get some criticism on his music, on a music related forum and, he clearly says comments are welcome, he isn't promoting himself or anything.

/chuckle

Yiou said it... doesn't matter how long, but how many posts.

Pretty A to B in my book but if that qualifies as "deep intellect" to you...

/shrug.

Might want to start a different thread as opposed to continuing to drag this one down.

You obviously don't get it. If u interacted with me here , you would catch my sarcasm. I like to interact, as much as it's worth on the internet, with folks more before I decide whether or not Ill click on their stuff. It's just me. Nothing against this guy's music. I just don't favor the way some folks want u to hear them by spamming. Again, it's my opinion, and feel cranky anyway.

I got your sarcasm. It's pretty obvious in your posts, which is a rarity on the interwebz.

It was still snarky to call it spam, then blame his post count. It's also a shame you won't listen to his stuff, it's damn good.

I do understand cranky, too.

Peace.

I'll just add one more comment, DAS44 when he came here built up 500 posts in a couple of days probably for that same reason.

I'll also say that the OP has posted here already with his music and I don't see the problem with anyone posting their music. He plays a Gibson in another thread and he is posting to get some criticism on his music, on a music related forum and, he clearly says comments are welcome, he isn't promoting himself or anything.

Good points. I just never seen the guy here, and it rubbed me the wrong way. There have been some that's have gotten,"it" from others here not by me, and some on... Anyway, it's cool, as I already stated, it's my opinion.

Archived