Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird X Contest is Flawed!

andtheitch

The winner of your US Solo Firebird X Revolution video contest did not meet the eligibility requirements. This includes being longer than 2 minutes and a resolution less than 720p. How can anyone expect to take Gibson contests seriously when they don't even follow their own rules when selecting the finalists and the winner? For the very few like me, who did follow the rules and worked hard to be innovative and creative, this is an insult. I never expected to win, especially since it is a popularity contest, but provide the prize to the next most popular video that was actually eligible.

On a lighter note, congrats to the European winners!

Agreed, I was in first for the entire contest until the last day, when Megan pulled ahead and won.

Do I think she deserves to have a nice guitar? Yes, of course.

Did she deserve to win the contest? NO!

Her video is completely irrelevant, violates half the rules, and steals copyrighted content.

This contest was a pathetic joke.

You tried this in the Henry J. Forum?

I'd like to try this, but I can't reply or start a new post over there. I registered, gave all my information, even connected to my facebook account, but I can't even view member profiles or contact the admins because I don't have the right clearance.

Archived