Gibson Brands Forums

SG SPECIAL VS SG SPECIAL FADED???

acdcman2345

hey there everyone.... i was looking at the epiphone 1966 g400. then i thought id looked at the SG specials. i think im going to get alot more vlue for just $300 bucks. i was looking at the SG special and the sg special Faded. from what i was reading everything is the same. except the finish? am i correct? i own a epiphone g400 faded now. im looking to get away from the brown wood look. lol i think the faded cherry is enough. just wont to make sure im not scrwing myself over. i also figured i could get crome covers for the humbuckers correct? wondering what everyone thinks is the paint worth the $300. it wont play different with paint i dont think...rigth? hope to hear some good feed back

have a good day everyone..

-Shaine-

The faded finishes require a lot less labor. Since the faded finishes have fewer finish layers, the guitar can be finished more quickly due the drying and curing time of the nitrocellulose finish. As I understand it, that is why they can be offered at the lower price. I'd snap up a faded SG in a heartbeat. In fact I am thinking of getting one myself for slide. As for the pickup covers... yep. Easy, as long as you get the correct pole piece spacing.

I don't know about the SG 6 stringers, but the differences between the SG Std. Bass Heritage and Faded are, the trapezoid inlays are in the fretboard on the Heritage, and the Heritage has the Mother of Pearl in the headstock. All else is the same. $500.00 Difference between the two basses.

Archived