Gibson Brands Forums

guitars and humidity?

S t e v e

never ever had a problem with it in all my guitar owning life [blink], read a lot of stuff on here about it...

i live in east london (england), had my gary moore LP sent over from florida about a year n half ago and it arrived in perfect condition setup with 9-46 and was playable straight out of the box (after a bit of tuning), no set-up or adjustments needed...i now have it tuned down to low C (with heavy strings) and hanging on the wall ie not in the case and no humidifier...again no set up needed.

maybe were just luicky over here? :-k

I never had issues with it either but I don't trust luck. The summers here are perfect and I have a top notch humidifier for my house in the winter. All my guitars stay in their cases and I use humidipak in the Taylor. Once a year they all need a little fine tuning but that's it...

hmm, I recently put my guitar rack into a cabinet and dont have a humidifier in there.

here in Vancouver (Canada) the humidity is pretty high so I really dont need one. I measure the

humidity in the cabinet every couple of weeks and it averages at about 45% so Im pretty good [thumbup]

Archived