Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird x

MaxiumburnN

I never liked the non-reverse Firebirds when they replaced the reverse Firebirds circa '65 and now I must say that I don't like the Firebird X one little bit.The non reverse body looks so bland compared to the beautiful lines of the reverse bodies.My dream guitar is the '63-'64 reverse Firebird VII,as far as I'm concerned that's one of the most beautiful guitars ever to be produced.

I could've gotten a '64 Firebird VII with the Vibrola in '75 for $400 and I didn't have the presence of mind to take out a loan. BTW at that time I could've gotten the Firebird and a factory issue special order White elephant hide(that's the name of the Tolex they used)'69 Marshall 1959 Plexi with a blue grille cloth as a package deal for $1200. What a complete twit I was to let these gems slip through my hands.

Fine I'll be nice...

I haven't heard too much on the firebird x really . Supposedly they are released now so we will have to see how well they stand up. I wouldn't mind trying out one just so I can give an honest opinion on it. Still have not heard about the price, will be pricey but I'm sure they'll comedown :)

I just thought the ability to do the google thing was cool. No offense meant from me . We were all new to the forum at one time.

The link is funny as hell!!! msp_thumbup.gif I just kinda thought people were being a little tough on the new guy (still being a new guy myself) At least he didn't get on here and start bashing and trying to start crap ya know.

Archived