Gibson Brands Forums

Lovepedal Pickle Vibe vs. Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 (MDV-2)

cabba2203

Ok, I've been seeking a better univibe than what I've been using (Line 6 M13) and after exhaustive research of demos online

I decided on the Lovepedal Pickle Drive or the more expensive Fulltone Deja Vibe 2. I couldn't find the Pickle Drive in stock so

my "gotta have it now" impulses made me order the Fulltone and I should get it some time this week before Christmas.

Should I have waited for the Pickle or did I choose the better vibe?

I like the sound of both, although the MDV-2 has the treadle pedal control for speed which is nice.

The Fulltone is like 2x the price of the Pickle Vibe.

I guess I'm looking for "justification" to qwell buyers remorse over spending twice the money for essentially the same effect.

Is the MDV-2 that much better?

Ok, I've been seeking a better univibe than what I've been using (Line 6 M13) and after exhaustive research of demos online

I decided on the Lovepedal Pickle Drive or the more expensive Fulltone Deja Vibe 2. I couldn't find the Pickle Drive in stock so

my "gotta have it now" impulses made me order the Fulltone and I should get it some time this week before Christmas.

Should I have waited for the Pickle or did I choose the better vibe?

I like the sound of both, although the MDV-2 has the treadle pedal control for speed which is nice.

The Fulltone is like 2x the price of the Pickle Vibe.

I guess I'm looking for "justification" to qwell buyers remorse over spending twice the money for essentially the same effect.

Is the MDV-2 that much better?

IMO you made the right decision....The one real cool thing about the pickle is it's size, and if that doesnt matter to you..I think the Deja Vibe is the best vibe pedal around and has been on my list to-get for a while...Im jealous...have fun man and I defintley think you wont regret it..You also get great vibrato and chorus sounds as well..I'm not sure If I'd choose the orignal MDV or the MDV-2 though..any reason why you went for the mdv-2?

I too own the Pickle Vibe. While I have not heard the Deja 2, if it's anything like the original

Deja Vibe, you bought the better vibe I think. The Pickle is a good little vibe, but it doesn't

seem to have the depth of the best sounding ones. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the

DJ2 when it arrives.

I too own the Pickle Vibe. While I have not heard the Deja 2, if it's anything like the original

Deja Vibe, you bought the better vibe I think. The Pickle is a good little vibe, but it doesn't

seem to have the depth of the best sounding ones. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the

DJ2 when it arrives.

Surf, have you tweaked the trimmer inside? I guess you can adjust the intensity with it, but I

haven't even opened mine yet.

I agree it's not bad at all, you can get some classic Trower or Gilmour sounds with it, but I'm sure it's no match

for a Univbe or Dejavibe.

Surf, have you tweaked the trimmer inside? I guess you can adjust the intensity with it, but I

haven't even opened mine yet.

I agree it's not bad at all, you can get some classic Trower or Gilmour sounds with it, but I'm sure it's no match

for a Univbe or Dejavibe.

I did tweak it. It was a bit on the trebley side when I received it. So I fiddled until it was at it's warmest.

It's a cool vibe - just not quite the ultimate I think. The search continues.... [biggrin]

Last Christmas I got the Fulltone MDV-2 from the wife and kids.

I must say it's a great pedal.

You made a good choice.

The think what I like about the pedal is being able to vary the intensity with the foot pedal.

Plus, there's a vintage and a modern setting to go along with the tremelo and the chorus.

Can't go wrong with this pedal. You made a great choice. [thumbup]

Archived