Gibson Brands Forums

I think I'm more screwed up than before lol

swleary

Not me. I let people play any guitar of mine they want and through any amp...just as long as they aren't wearing rings or have belt buckles the size of Texas!

...but yeah, you screwed up. Sleep with one eye open from now on. [lol]

I think I need to pay you a visit Tim lol

I'm pretty anal. My wife won't touch my guitars, mainly because she's not a musician and is nice enough to let me be anal about them [smile]. But with people that start talking to me and pick up my guitar without asking, (happened a couple of times onstage after playing) then it's whoa buddy!!! It's like hey, until you pay my bills... Of course I let others plays them, but they have to ask, and I have to be right there... Oh, and I hold their car keys in the meantime [thumbup]

I keep this on the cabinet door where I keep my guitars [flapper]

4114491580_f019b78494.jpg

+ uno

One time I left a GLP on a stand onstage, and someone had picked it up and put it laying flat on its back on the hot concrete. I could have prevented "the acquired character" by not leaving it there and making sure it's got back on the stand.

I'm pretty easy going about that.

An absolute no if someone has been hitting the suds with vigour or if they have filthy hands.

I get my nickers in a twist if someone lets the dogs into the mancave while the guitars are on stands though.

Maybe I'n not quite as easy going as I think.

Dave

I'm the same way...I'm the only person who can touch my gear except one guitar tech that I trust...I remember I was trying out a PRS at my local guitar shop and I look behind me to see some 12 year old opening MY guitar case ON ITS SIDE (my Gibson Studio Deluxe)...He was on the last buckle when I come up to him and ask " What the Hell do you think your doing" He just stares at me and runs to his daddy....and of course the dad didn't say anything...

I'm the same way...I'm the only person who can touch my gear except one guitar tech that I trust...I remember I was trying out a PRS at my local guitar shop and I look behind me to see some 12 year old opening MY guitar case ON ITS SIDE (my Gibson Studio Deluxe)...He was on the last buckle when I come up to him and ask " What the Hell do you think your doing" He just stares at me and runs to his daddy....and of course the dad didn't say anything...

pssh, kids... this is why I dont take my eyes off my case when Im in the shop.

but I did have something like that happen to me. theres a rule in my shop, if you have a case, you cant go into the acoustic room w/ it

(for obvious reasons) so I left it at the counter, awent to the acoustics room, when I came back, the guys at the front desk were playing it [cursing] its a good thing I know the guys really well, and they knew it was my guitar. I asked them "what are you doing with my guitar?!?!"

they said they were admiring it, then we had a few laughs. If I didnt know them that well when it happened, someone would be dead and I would be in jail right now [flapper]

Archived