Gibson Brands Forums

Star wars

LarryUK

Haha, funny Christmas story, when I was about 8 or 9 my uncle and I were hitting eachother with wrapping paper tubes like they were lightsabers, and I was sucking on a Werthers Original Hard candy. My mom told us to stop but of course we didn't listen.

Then he hit me in the neck and I swallowed the whole hard candy and it got stuck in my gullet. It was a weird sensation, like being stuck in the middle of your ribcage almost. Anyway I had to lay down until it passed and we weren't allowed to do that for a while.

I always thought George Lucas got the idea of a Light Saber from a wrapping paper tube. I also thought Gene Roddenberry got the basic design on the Starship Enterprise for Star Trek from a toilet flapper. But what do i know.

Given that I was well into being "old" when Star Wars came out... <grin>

The paper tube was other types of swords. But then I started fencing as a kid for real, too. So...

One advantage of growing up with a real car and motorcycle shop and parts bins is how even that nonfunctioning tube radio in 1955 was a marvelous control system for one's space ship. <grin>

m

ChanMan, every time I see that picture it reminds me of this video. [laugh]

(The ending is priceless)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRKRFjm-HA

ROFL!!

I love that video man!

For the record, those are LARPers. Foam weapons, fake armor for the most part. I tried it with a local group... it was a lot like a big pillow fight.

Sadly, I must admit that it is, in fact, the threat of the consequences for bad defense that makes what I do appealing to me.

If all I have to worry about is a swat from a pillow, I'd not even bother to block [blush]

Archived