Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Custom fake/Real?

lpj_93

Well the guitars in the photos look real enough, but I seriously doubt that's the guitar you'll actually receive.

The low feedback rating, low sales, and poor english are classic tipoffs that this is yet another asian rip-off artist.

BTW, the seller says "All bids and sales are FINAL."

ENOJOYING!

Well the guitars in the photos look real enough, but I seriously doubt that's the guitar you'll actually receive.

The low feedback rating, low sales, and poor english are classic tipoffs that this is yet another asian rip-off artist.

BTW, the seller says "All bids and sales are FINAL."

ENOJOYING!

nahh the pics look fake. the pots on guitar #1 are misplaced

and on guitar #2 the epi logo is misplaced.

both are clearly fakes

1. Knobs visibly misaligned - not good; the horn of the cutout doesn't look right to me - compare to this http://images1.thomann.de/pics/bdb/143010/21694_800.jpg ; pickguard too far from the cutout - see the same picture; screws of the tailpiece look to have rounded heads, while Epi tailpiece has flat ones.

My verdict - as fake as it gets.

2. Pickguard bracket screw is too close to the edge of the pg - that's the only issue I can see from such a small photo.

My verdict - potencial fake.

I would really be cautious with auctions that do not include detailed pictures of the guitar, including normal-res photos of front and back of the headstock.

Question - how much cheaper are these fake prices than buying from a bricks & mortar authorized Epiphone dealer in Oz?

I think they are more than half of the retail price...so i suppose that's a dead giveaway that they are fakes...

I think they are more than half of the retail price...so i suppose that's a dead giveaway that they are fakes...

Beat me to it. The website is one giveaway..............clearly not an authorised Aussie Gibson/Epi stockist, or even a small music shop. But the other big giveaway is the 'too good to be true' price. I don't know the exchange rate but I know you guys get stung on the price of instruments. 450 is about the retail price in £ GB.

Alan

Thanks for your help!

I can see why such sellers cannot be trusted. I'll save my money and buy a genuine epi. [biggrin]

No problem, that's what we're here for.

All too often, folks check in here with these questions AFTER they order or receive the guitar.

You did the right thing - post your guit when you get it.

No problem, that's what we're here for.

All too often, folks check in here with these questions AFTER they order or receive the guitar.

You did the right thing - post your guit when you get it.

I'll make sure ill post it as soon as i save up the money! :lol:

Thanks everyone once again, saved me from getting scammed.

Archived