Gibson Brands Forums

How things have changed in 2010

Silenced Fred

Well, for me personally, I had all the intents to major in journalism, but I have changed that into english education now.

I was going to work with a two piece band, but that is expanding with the addition of another guitar player and will hopefully include a bass player soon.

before, I was primarily a rhythm guitarist, and I still feel I am, but I'm taking over lead duties with the rhythm guitar coming from my friend and that will allow me to work on doing more vocals (I am not a singer lol) but its a ton of fun, working more on finding solo methods and different "equations" that sound good together and little fills.

How's it changed for you?

I wanted to be a commercial pilot but the market seems to be saturated. So I decided I will become a lawyer.

And I started to develop my interest in woodworking and have built a couple of things already including a guitar rack, an amp head cabinet for my SCXD. Next two things are two 2*12 cabinets based on the Marshall 1936 cab out of solid pine.

I'll start that later this week...I need to pickup some tools first.

Nathan...

Good move, IMHO.

I was watching the "news shows" this morning and concluded that the quote from Petronius used by T.S. Eliot to open The Wasteland is an exceptional metaphor for the current state of journalism. Read it and tell me how it hits you as a much younger person.

m

I acquired a Ric 360/12. As those who have played one know, that narrow neck loaded with 12 strings takes some getting used to. I had to spend time getting a bit more precise with my fingering and even a couple of altered fingerings. But she was worth it. Love playing it, love the sound.

And a big change - on 12/11, my first grandchild was born. [biggrin]

Archived