Gibson Brands Forums

Should Epi make keyboards??

victorbn24

Gibson already has a keyboard line (Baldwin) and they would have extremely stiff competition from Yamaha, Roland/Korg, Alesis, Casio, Akai and many others.

I can see wanting to leverage a brand that has high recognition, but I doubt there's much profit margin in keyboards if you have to start up from scratch.

So no, I don't think it would be good business decision, unless there's a big surge in demand for keyboard guitar controllers:

CameoKeypad.jpg

Pretty much guaranteed to fail. Epiphone is an established name in the guitar market, but they even had trouble promoting their amplifiers (even though they were quite good and priced competitively). Keyboards are an entirely different thing, and even the well-known manufacturers are struggling in the current market. There are already plenty of choices in both the pro performer, home studio enthusiast, workstation, and student market niches, and the likelihood of Epiphone coming up with something that cost less, did more or sounded better than any of the offerings from already established names is pretty slim.

I have to agree with the sentiments echoed in the previous posts, apart from Epi not being known for keyboards, it just wouldn't make any business sense whatsoever to take on all the brands that already populate this market segment.

I would prefer they stuck to stringed instruments and amps. Create some new ranges for themselves rather than just cheaper clones of gibsons. Its sad that epi are seen by many as the cheaper gibson. Epiphone make some fantastic instruments and i would love to see them create some new styles available only as epiphones

I would prefer they stuck to stringed instruments and amps.

Create some new ranges for themselves rather than just cheaper clones of gibsons.

Its sad that epi are seen by many as the cheaper gibson.

Epiphone make some fantastic instruments and i would love to see them create

some new styles available only as epiphones

BRAVO! Well-Spoken, Good Sir! [thumbup] +1!

I agree with you, and you let me... CLAERLY know Epiphone shouldn't make keyboards, but, i mean, everything gibson makes, it costs an arm and a leg. I've a LP Special II Jr. Model and I agree it's such a great instrument!! I LOVE IT!!♥♥

and yes, Yamaha would make so hard the competition because I own a PSR e313 Yamaha keyboard, and it sounds TERRIFIC!!. i've made my amp and my keyb sound together and it's really good.

I think this is the end of the forum, but let me know more ideas!!

PS: I love this pianoo!! good ideaa @animalfarm

Archived