Gibson Brands Forums

1979 Black Beauty

e/2 Explorer

Been wanting a Les Paul again but was not the least interested in the newer weight-relieved, chambered, robots and all the reissue gimmickery so patience paid off with this case queen. This guitar is totally original, nothing molested with. The binding is still snow white as is the nut. A few pic scuffs and swirls, otherwise a true time capsule. T-Top loaded factory chrome hardware weapon of destruction that weighs 10.8lbs

2010_1225Image0033.jpg

2010_1225Image0034.jpg

2010_1225Image0035.jpg

2010_1225Image0036.jpg

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

Love the ebony board, just like on my e/2's. This is a non-pancake body also, solid mahogany back. Having fun playing AC/DC and KISS stuff. The inlays are incredible, this was the 6th production model of August out of the Nashville plant. Looks like the builders were on their A game that day as this is truely and incredible playing, sounding and looking Les Paul Custom

I have received a zillion emails complimenting this guitar as one of the nicest '79 Black Beauty's on the planet. I am quite happy to give her a home

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! May another Gibson be in your future!

Ron

• 1 month later...

Been wanting a Les Paul again but was not the least interested in the newer weight-relieved, chambered, robots and all the reissue gimmickery so patience paid off with this case queen. This guitar is totally original, nothing molested with. The binding is still snow white as is the nut. A few pic scuffs and swirls, otherwise a true time capsule. T-Top loaded factory chrome hardware weapon of destruction that weighs 10.8lbs

Love the ebony board, just like on my e/2's. This is a non-pancake body also, solid mahogany back. Having fun playing AC/DC and KISS stuff. The inlays are incredible, this was the 6th production model of August out of the Nashville plant. Looks like the builders were on their A game that day as this is truely and incredible playing, sounding and looking Les Paul Custom

I have received a zillion emails complimenting this guitar as one of the nicest '79 Black Beauty's on the planet. I am quite happy to give her a home

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! May another Gibson be in your future!

Ron

Ron that guitar is one of the most beautiful ive ever seen, i was watching the televsion program Pawn Stars and one guy traded a 12,000 dollar gun for a 1978 les paul that was mint in the case too. the owner bought it but never learned how to play, talk about lucky for the next guy eh?

Yours is even better looking than the 78 les paul.

Archived