Gibson Brands Forums

Another silly question

jnastynebr

The abbreviation HCS has been used many times on this forum for everything from Gibson R0s to Epi Special IIs. I have googled it, and while it popped up many times, no one explains what it means. I feel like I'm out of the loop, and that the forum has invented new abbreviations behind my back just to spite me. Do I have a HCS?

015.jpg

Okay, that makes sense. I feel sheepish [blush]

This should make you feel better; Before I joined up here, I thought R8, R9, and R0 meant Gibson 1959 re-issues made in 1998, 1999, and 2000; now I know better.......So, don't feel bad...

This should make you feel better; Before I joined up here, I thought R8, R9, and R0 meant Gibson 1959 re-issues made in 1998, 1999, and 2000; now I know better.......So, don't feel bad...

I use to sit and wonder what an R9 is, I was like Damn It, there are no "R9s" on Gibson's site. ](*,)

I use to sit and wonder what an R9 is, I was like Damn It, there are no "R9s" on Gibson's site. ](*,)

YUP !!!!!!!! [thumbup][lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [thumbup]:rolleyes: ........Lot's of good stuff to learn on here, from the mundane to the profound......and much inbetween !!!!!!!

I can actually top this with stupidity. I knew that the original sunbursts were rare collectables, but did not know what they were worth or how many were out there, and I didnt know that Gibson made reissues. When I saw R8, R9, R0, I made the connection to the sunbursts, but didnt know what the R meant. From the pics, everyone's sunbursts looked new, so I assumed that the R meant refinished. Yes, I assumed that there were like, 50 original sunbursts on the forum, and that they had all been refinished to look new. I did a little research to find out what they were worth, and found out how rare they are so I put two and two together. But for a minute, I thought everyone on the forum had an original sunburst and had refinished it :unsure:

I can actually top this with stupidity. I knew that the original sunbursts were rare collectables, but did not know what they were worth or how many were out there, and I didnt know that Gibson made reissues. When I saw R8, R9, R0, I made the connection to the sunbursts, but didnt know what the R meant. From the pics, everyone's sunbursts looked new, so I assumed that the R meant refinished. Yes, I assumed that there were like, 50 original sunbursts on the forum, and that they had all been refinished to look new. I did a little research to find out what they were worth, and found out how rare they are so I put two and two together. But for a minute, I thought everyone on the forum had an original sunburst and had refinished it :unsure:

That's pretty funny.........and I needed a good chuckle !!! ..................I guess I shouldn't talk about a specific Gibby I once owned..

Archived