Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul model identification

BenShute

I have an Epiphone Les Paul electric that I purchased about 13 years ago, and I am trying to work out what model it is.

It has a bolt neck like the LP-100, but LP-100 has dot inlays whereas this one has a the trapezoidal inlays.

the neck plate has it handcrafted in Korea, with a serial no of F97110089.

If anyone can help me identify the model, that would be brilliant!

Thanks

Ben

SO YOU GOT ANY PICS? IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THE LP100 HAS A SLIGHTLY THINNER BODY THAN, SAY, THE LP JR'S.

MY JR'S BODIES ARE ABOUT 1 9/16" THICK. MY FRIEND HAS AN OLDER LP100 AND THE BODY IS A BIT THINNER THAN THAT.

POST SOME PICS IF YOU CAN.

ALSO, THE LP100 HAS A CARVED TOP, NOT FLAT.

SO YOU GOT ANY PICS? IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THE LP100 HAS A SLIGHTLY THINNER BODY THAN, SAY, THE LP JR'S.

MY JR'S BODIES ARE ABOUT 1 9/16" THICK. MY FRIEND HAS AN OLDER LP100 AND THE BODY IS A BIT THINNER THAN THAT.

POST SOME PICS IF YOU CAN.

ALSO, THE LP100 HAS A CARVED TOP, NOT FLAT.

sure thing, here are some pics, thanks for looking!

I've removed the pickguard because of a crack, but it has one.

post-28214-082957300 1293505233_thumb.jpg

post-28214-028490900 1293505400_thumb.jpg

post-28214-086636400 1293505253_thumb.jpg

Looks like a LP 100 to me. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure.

Nice top on it! I've been wanting to get a LP, something besides a Jr.

In fact I missed a LP 100 body that went for $54 with shipping on Ebay yesterday..

Did you buy that new?

Welcome to the forums, great place for anything music related, enjoy.

Looks like an LP-100, using The Guitar Dater Project the following info was returned.

Your guitar was made at the

Fine Guitars Plant, Korea

November 1997

Production Number: 0089

Fine Guitars

The Fine Corporation was established in 1994, Inchon, Korea. They have production capability of 50,000 Electric Guitars and basses per year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Fine'.

Average User RatingFit & Finish: 6.45Electronics: 5.54Playability: 6.62Overall: 6.4Based on 410 ratings

Welcome to the forums, great place for anything music related, enjoy.

Looks like an LP-100, using The Guitar Dater Project the following info was returned.

Your guitar was made at the

Fine Guitars Plant, Korea

November 1997

Production Number: 0089

Fine Guitars

The Fine Corporation was established in 1994, Inchon, Korea. They have production capability of 50,000 Electric Guitars and basses per year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Fine'.

Average User RatingFit & Finish: 6.45Electronics: 5.54Playability: 6.62Overall: 6.4Based on 410 ratings

ahh you beat me to it! [flapper]

Archived