Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Guitar Mag

Andy R

Currently I have been pretty impressed with the depth of Premiere Guitar. It is light on Tabs but has a lot of in depth techy stuff!

+1 one on that. No tabs, really, but I'd rather not have them anyway. Instead there are great

in-depth articles on gear and some thought-provoking and challenging lessons.

Guitar World

I get Guitar World, and for the most part it's a little too....um.... heavy for me. Maybe 'cause I was born when Truman was president might have something to do with it.

I also take Acoustic Guitar, and it's a little more "sedate", and therefore more to my liking.

However, that said, I read them both cover to cover each month!

What I kind of don't like is the constant bugging by the magazine distributors to "re-subscribe".... seems like every month they send me notices that my subscription is "about to expire", even where there is still 9 months left!

I much prefer Premier Guitar, has way better articles in it. Guitar World is all heavy stuff, I mean for blues they talk to like Mark Morton and stuff. He's a great guitar player, and he does do some blues stuff on his own I hear, but come on, there is no one else you could talk to?

Guitar Player's Magazine has been arriving in the mailbox monthly now for over five years running.

However, my favorite internet magazine is certainly Premier Guitar.

Thank you to the editorial staff for selecting my Gibson ES-175 last year as one of the top 5 guitars on the forum.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-39-38.jpg

Guitar Player's Magazine has been arriving in the mailbox monthly now for over five years running.

However, my favorite internet magazine is certainly Premier Guitar.

Thank you to the editorial staff for selecting my Gibson ES-175 last year as one of the top 5 guitars on the forum.

Snapshot2009-01-1508-39-38.jpg

It IS one pretty "sum-beach"!

For just page after page of music and down to business music - without a doubt Guitar Techniques. The range of styles per issue is something that really impresses me too. The last issue had sections on gypsy jazz, finger picking, creative metal guitar, classical guitar,world music and rock!

Matt

GUITARIST mag is my fave, not sure if you guys can get a copy abroad though :-k

Only at book stores.

My fav one is guitar world, i feel like other guitar mags dont do metal guitars or bands at all.

Guitar world goes from Jazz to anything if you ask me.

Even pop. [biggrin]

Only at book stores.

My fav one is guitar world, i feel like other guitar mags dont do metal guitars or bands at all.

Guitar world goes from Jazz to anything if you ask me.

Even pop. [biggrin]

dem00n, grab yourself this months copy of guitarist...features the 101 greatest stomp boxes ever made [biggrin]

dem00n, grab yourself this months copy of guitarist...features the 101 greatest stomp boxes ever made [biggrin]

hot damn I want a copy of that...I've never seen an issue at Border's here in Omaha..( that's where I get all my magazines.)..I'll definitely have to keep my eye out for that.

I used to read Guitar Player all the time. Even wrote a piece or two for it some 35 years ago or so.

But... I hate to say this but I haven't seen a guitar mag that tripped my trigger for years.

Just for the heck of it I checked the Guitar Player web site. Horrid unless you really mess with your browser.

Bottom line is that it seems there's far more stuff on the Gibson web site than I really have time for, so...

Horrid thing for a guy who writes for a living to say, eh?

m

Archived