Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Guitar Mag

Andy R

I used to read Guitar Player all the time. Even wrote a piece or two for it some 35 years ago or so.

But... I hate to say this but I haven't seen a guitar mag that tripped my trigger for years.

Just for the heck of it I checked the Guitar Player web site. Horrid unless you really mess with your browser.

Bottom line is that it seems there's far more stuff on the Gibson web site than I really have time for, so...

Horrid thing for a guy who writes for a living to say, eh?

m

Milod I think you might actually like Premiere guitar. It's not just a Tab Mag with a couple of articles. It is probably a bit more like the Old Guitar World and Player from the 70's. I stopped getting Guitar world delivered and got Premiere delivered now. If you ever see it check it out. It is very diverse in topics and artists, gear, tips, technical fix it stuff etc....

I like Premiere Guitar and read it online. But I also get Acoustic Guitar Magazine and subscribe to it. It does have a few more ads then I like but they load it up with lessons and tabs, feature new and established performers. over all it is my favorite magazine.

Andy...

Premier Guitar looks interesting. I think I'd prefer the on-line reading though - easier on the old eyes.

Even emailed them. Back in the early '60s I wouldn't have believed an Iowa-based guitar mag. No way. But my first - and only - tv pickin' appearance was on KRNT television in Des Moines. It was a long, long time ago. A very long time ago. <grin>

m

Andy...

Premier Guitar looks interesting. I think I'd prefer the on-line reading though - easier on the old eyes.

Even emailed them. Back in the early '60s I wouldn't have believed an Iowa-based guitar mag. No way. But my first - and only - tv pickin' appearance was on KRNT television in Des Moines. It was a long, long time ago. A very long time ago. <grin>

m

Hey milod check out the Fretboard Journal, seems like you would like it.

Heres the link. http://www.fretboardjournal.com/store/issue-20-winter-2010

Andy...

m

Didn't know they had been around that long. They have really come on strong over the last few years. It's funny I do everything on-line but I hate reading anything in depth on-line if I can avoid it. Plus I'm ADD so I tend to read magazines backwards .... I'm kinda weird that way ( among many other ways) I will have to check out their on-line site.

Regards,

Andy

Andy...

Naah, they weren't there in the 60s. I was, though. <grin>

In fact, summer of '65 I had my one and only television solo pickin' 'n' singin' performance in Des Moines.

That was, needless to say, a long, long time ago. <grin>

.... RE Fretboard Journal. Wow, a gorgeous looking piece well done. I'm just at a time in life where it's easier to do stuff on the Web than having more books in the home library. In fact, thinkin' of donating some of the books to a library.

m

Archived