Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 True Vintage Color

bscha

Ok so i am almost ready to make the plunge and order a J-45 TV. Here is the last hurdle. I was looking at various websites and noticed the the Guitar Center website has a picture of a very very light sunburst J-45. It is almost yellow. When I look at all of the other sites the finish is always very dark, which I much prefer. I was wondering if everyone has a dark sunburst top on their J-45's or are some of them lighter? Could it be a special run or an older model pictured. Thanks for all of your help again!!

Ok so i am almost ready to make the plunge and order a J-45 TV. Here is the last hurdle. I was looking at various websites and noticed the the Guitar Center website has a picture of a very very light sunburst J-45. It is almost yellow. When I look at all of the other sites the finish is always very dark, which I much prefer. I was wondering if everyone has a dark sunburst top on their J-45's or are some of them lighter? Could it be a special run or an older model pictured. Thanks for all of your help again!!

The lighter picture you saw was just that, a picture (with bad color). If you order the J-45 TV, you'll get the vintage sunburst. Best pic is on the Gibson website. Congrats on your decision! You'll not regret it!

Archived