Gibson Brands Forums

I dont think its a fake...help!

Hthomas

well if possible try ask for more pictures of the neck to headstock (side view) and see how much the head is angled (gibsons are angled like 30 degrees or so) and also check to see if the wiring is neat not sloppy. otherwise the truss rod is gibson and the body looks like it

well if possible try ask for more pictures of the neck to headstock (side view) and see how much the head is angled (gibsons are angled like 30 degrees or so) and also check to see if the wiring is neat not sloppy. otherwise the truss rod is gibson and the body looks like it

I believe its 17 degrees.

A pic of the back of the headstock may not help since the guitar is painted black and it might be difficult to look at the grain.

Looks good to me though. Very clean for a 1989.

I believe its 17 degrees.

A pic of the back of the headstock may not help since the guitar is painted black and it might be difficult to look at the grain.

Looks good to me though. Very clean for a 1989.

Yeah well I'm not a big techie guy on that but 30 degrees did sound way off to me

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the trc should be on top of part of the headstock inlay...

The "touching" doesn't bother me, but I have a similar concern. The angle of that headstock pic makes it hard to tell - the top TRC screw should be just a smidge below the line between the high and low E-string tuning posts. It's close, but looks okay to me.

p5_uuiledok4_ss.jpg

Two legit LPCs

89LPChsCU1.jpgGibson_VOS_Les_Paul_Custom_57_reissue.jpg

I don't know for sure, but I don't think the trc should be on top of part of the headstock inlay...

They vary. I have two Les Paul Customs, 73' and 06'. Look at the TRC location. I think in some years the inlays were bigger. My 73' has a bigger headstock enlay than my 2006.

p9140204.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2010-09-14

p9150130.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2010-09-15

The "touching" doesn't bother me, but I have a similar concern. The angle of that headstock pic makes it hard to tell - the top TRC screw should be just a smidge below the line between the high and low E-string tuning posts. It's close, but looks okay to me.

p5_uuiledok4_ss.jpg

Two legit LPCs

89LPChsCU1.jpgGibson_VOS_Les_Paul_Custom_57_reissue.jpg

The TRC looks way off centre??

Archived