Gibson Brands Forums

I need more stands

Tim Plains

Forth time's a charm, I guess...

Way back when, I went through three new Blues Juniors within a month. All of them had minor issues...enough for me not to want to keep them. I like the way they sound but quickly gave up on them. I picked this one up used a few weeks ago and it's been great so far. Same thing with the Class 5 - I went through three new ones when they first came out and all three had that bloody rattle. Well, I'm happy to say not this one (so far). The first generation of Class 5s were notorious for rattling and Marshall has apparently resolved it; so, we'll see. This Class 5 is much lighter than I remember the previous ones being. It also has way more bottom end.

I have more amps then I can handle but I still need a Bluesbreaker. [biggrin]

I also need a bigger room. [blink]

IMG_0687.jpg

I bought A Class 5 a couple weeks ago. Creme just like yours. The 3 Panel back is what is supposed to have fixe the rattle issue people were having. My doesn't rattle and I pretty much play it full tilt most of the time. First new little amp I have liked pretty much ever. Egnater was nice though....

i've been beating on my Marshall Class 5 since I got it on the 23rd, breaking in the speaker and all... no rattle thus far either: hoping it continues. I also REALLY wish i'd seen that creme tolex before i bought mine, but oh well, i guess that has little effect on the sound anyway. ;-)

beautiful room there!

-Don

Same for me went through two class 5's when they first came out both made the rattle, newest one no issues at all. R9 I don't know if your copying me or if I'm copying you, but we sure have similar gear [biggrin]

The Transatlantic is one of my new favorites I find myself plugging in to it most of the time right now.

Same here, I love that amp. I was running mine thru a 1X12 Thiele but just switched to a Mesa rectifier 4X12 slant and I like it even more now! My other amps are getting very lonely!

I love posts like this. Only own one amp, the Rebel 30, and am trying to justify getting the Renegade. Well, just cuz I need it honey, that's why! Of course, we all know that's BS. Just want one. Actually want the MOD50 more but it's $2K. The Renegade can be had for $899 right now with $100 off coupon. It's a bargain, honey. Honey? Babe? Door slams shut. [crying]

Honey . . .?

I bought A Class 5 a couple weeks ago. Creme just like yours. The 3 Panel back is what is supposed to have fixe the rattle issue people were having.

Yeah, I noticed that the panel was new. Must have fixed the problem.

I never played one. Looks very nice. Tell us more about it...

...and what's your excuse for never playing one? I bought it from your Guitar Center. It was right there for you to try out.

R9 I don't know if your copying me or if I'm copying you, but we sure have similar gear [biggrin]

I'm not copying you. It's just impossible to buy something you don't have already. [biggrin]

What rattles on the amp?

No clue...everything? At first, I thought it might have just been a bad tube but I pulled all six of those amps out of the box myself. Couldn't have been a tube issue on all of them.

surfpup, the TA is pretty sweet and can do just about anything. The only thing I don't like about it and never use is Hi 2 - just too much gain for me. There's a newer TA that's either coming out or is out now. More power, more features, etc. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of the Little Giant. Great sounding little amp!

Great choices Tim but you need a few rugs on that room not a stand, you would enjoy your amps a lot more if you did not have sound bouncing off those walls and floor.

I've had that suggested to me before. Honestly, it's fine. Maybe it's the size of the room? I crank these amps I don't have that issue. My wife and I are also looking at selling the house and moving into something smaller. Maybe I'll have to do it in the next guitar room...

Archived