Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Thanks for sharing this. Your performance made my morning ;-) As I am on the other side of the world - here is morning and as I drink my morning coffee i listen to this wonderful recording from a distant friend msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Thanks so much Krasi! High praise indeed from you with your beautiful voice and excellent playing... not to mention that fabulous Mr. Gibbs! [biggrin]

As promised, here is my cover of Cat Stevens' "If I Laugh" from the Tea For The Tillerman album of 1971.

I'm playing the lead parts on my SJ200. It is tuned to DADF#AD and capo'd at the second fret which is essentially open E (EBEG#BE). I'd rather not have the guitar fold in half tuned to open E with medium strings on it! The rhythm part, I play on my Songwriter Deluxe and the bass part on my Rickenbacker 4003.

It was recorded and mixed using Sonar X1 Producer. Microphones are an Apex 435 large diaphram condenser through a Behringer MIC200 preamp and a Behringer C2 pencil condenser through my Alto S6 Mixer preamp. Mastered in Sony Soundforge. The video was recorded on my iPhone4. I used the audio from the video recording to sync the audio from Sonar. The video was edited and mixed in CyberLink PowerDirector and saved as an MP4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOg_g0C160U

That was very well performed and also filmed so nicely too!

A little medley y'all might be familiar with I recorded with my iphone.... enjoy... or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccVGfltogU

I like that song. Not just because it is a Beatles song. I like the way you do it. I'd like to hear it on something more substantial than an Iphone. Sounds a bit muffled.....You sing well. Soft and warm vocals go nicely with the guitar. Be great to hear, maybe see it on something different.......Hope to hear/see more of your material. I enjoyed it, my friend..

Thanks for sharing; I really enjoyed it - Your voice is very melodic and calming and suits the song perfectly! I love Blackbird and also the song Julia - have you sung that before?

Matt

Thanks Missouri Picker..... And thanks Matt..... Though I wish my voice was as soothing as your lovely wife's voice, but all I can do is continue to practice. And since joining that Beatles tribute band where I'm the Paul.... my playing bass while singing has improved dramatically.... But of course I need to work on those vocal scales so I can hit the notes with a little, (well a lot) more accuracy.... Sometimes I feel like Lucy Ricardo's (I Love Lucy) when trying to find the correct pitch [biggrin] LOL!!!

I can do Julia, but I've been noodling with George's "I Need You," I just love that song [thumbup]

Hi everyone.

I've never really sung in front of anyone before, or recorded myself singing, but I've recently had the urge to write a song or two. A song on paper isn't much use so I recorded it (or at least as much as I've actually written).

I used my iPhone so the quality isn't great, and I'm using my J-45TV.

So here it is, my world debut, let me know what you think!

The Dreams of This Girl

Hi everyone.

I've never really sung in front of anyone before, or recorded myself singing, but I've recently had the urge to write a song or two. A song on paper isn't much use so I recorded it (or at least as much as I've actually written).

I used my iPhone so the quality isn't great, and I'm using my J-45TV.

So here it is, my world debut, let me know what you think!

The Dreams of This Girl

I enjoyed the contrast of sad words to upbeat music! [thumbup] Thanks for sharing a lovely song.

I had the pleasure of performing at the 2011 Pensacola Beach Songwriter's Festival and of course my 1951 Gibson CF-100E was a big hit. Here's a song called "A Long Time Ago"

http://www.youtube.c...u/4/FZCOrQNVg6o

What I enjoyed about this was my ears kept perked up through out this song Joe - I kept thinking it was going to go one way - and then it went another., Also, I was just writing about Dr Who (in another thread) then listened to your introduction, so I was in a time traveling mood [thumbup] if your song was meant to take the listener back through time, I think you succeeded! Cheers for sharing

Thanks, Matt

:)

btw, I enjoy your youtubes very much! You are a great artist! [thumbup]

What I enjoyed about this was my ears kept perked up through out this song Joe - I kept thinking it was going to go one way - and then it went another., Also, I was just writing about Dr Who (in another thread) then listened to your introduction, so I was in a time traveling mood [thumbup] if your song was meant to take the listener back through time, I think you succeeded! Cheers for sharing

Matt

p.s I am also fascinated about where we all come from!

I'm having a great time listening everyone's performances... BRAVO to all that are participating [thumbup]

Anywhoo here's another Beatles tune I'm jamin on [biggrin] ..... As usual my voice struggle with low notes, but I throw in a high part for comfort sakes.... Oh and don't mind the guitar drifting out of tune.... It's me and not the guitar [blush] .... Aggressive heavy handed strumming + a floating bridge with light gage strings makes for a disaster [scared]...

A BTW good morning!!!! [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdgFbxWONQ

I REALY like this!! You won't find a bigger Beatles fan than me. Nice job!

I'm having a great time listening everyone's performances... BRAVO to all that are participating [thumbup]

Anywhoo here's another Beatles tune I'm jamin on [biggrin] ..... As usual my voice struggle with low notes, but I throw in a high part for comfort sakes.... Oh and don't mind the guitar drifting out of tune.... It's me and not the guitar [blush] .... Aggressive heavy handed strumming + a floating bridge with light gage strings makes for a disaster [scared]...

A BTW good morning!!!! [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdgFbxWONQ

Ha ha that was great Duane. I was thinking you could have wobbled the right hand even more for the sitar sound!

The Beatles are simply the worlds greatest band! sometimes Keiser Chiefs or a band like the Stereophonics come on the radio and I think " wow we may have a new Beatles" , then I hear something like Here, There and Everywhere or Michelle and I think "I don't think so!!!"

Matt

I recently recorded Mombasa by Tommy Emmanuel - recorded here on my 64 Hummingbird.

sound chain: hummingbird through JJB Prestige 330 - two SM 57 mics - one in front of Fender Acoustasonic Amp and one in front of Guitar. Recorded into a Fostex FD4 Digital tracker; into Garage Band, mp3'd into iTunes.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Ed

Mombasa

I recently recorded Mombasa by Tommy Emmanuel - recorded here on my 64 Hummingbird.

sound chain: hummingbird through JJB Prestige 330 - two SM 57 mics - one in front of Fender Acoustasonic Amp and one in front of Guitar. Recorded into a Fostex FD4 Digital tracker; into Garage Band, mp3'd into iTunes.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Ed

Mombasa

Love it great job