Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

those are some lungs you have on you ritchie ,, thats a stevie wonder song .. all i could think about was his voice

nice work :-)

Somebody forgot to switch off his mobile (sec.28)

Perfect voice and guitar playing.

Somebody forgot to switch off his mobile (sec.28)

Perfect voice and guitar playing.

haha, that's true, that particular guitar is like an antenna, it doesn't happen with other guitars ...maybe the reason is because it's not a gibson?[biggrin]

Thanks MR GIBS!!

Hi all,

Hope you are all well..

Anyway spent a few hrs this morning recording a cover of a Starsailor song I previously recorded. (Also posted in the lounge)

This time there is Violin, Cello, and Piano...

The guitar and vocals are by me..recorded using a Neumann Microphone..

The recording production is by a good friend.

Recorded using Pro Logic with Vienna Strings..

Sounds best on decent head phones or speakers...

Please leave a comment on my Soundcloud Page..

http://snd.sc/Hc8KtD

Kind Regards

Simon

Hi all,

Hope you are all well..

Anyway spent a few hrs this morning recording a cover of a Starsailor song I previously recorded. (Also posted in the lounge)

This time there is Violin, Cello, and Piano...

The guitar and vocals are by me..recorded using a Neumann Microphone..

The recording production is by a good friend.

Recorded using Pro Logic with Vienna Strings..

Sounds best on decent head phones or speakers...

Please leave a comment on my Soundcloud Page..

http://snd.sc/Hc8KtD

Kind Regards

Simon

Kudos - this is very nice !

OK, hope this works! It's my first audio clip (gulp!) I played my True Vintage Southern Jumbo for the rythymn and lead parts, sang lead vocal and harmony. Mixed it at my friend's house who plays guitar with me in the bluegrass band. The lead guitar part in the background is also the SJ/TV but with Hall#1 Reverb added. The pic in the video is my SJ/TV. Hope ya'll like it!

I like it! I like it a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to YouTube of me performing a guitar solo adaptation of Craig Taubman's choral music arrangement of the Hebrew prayer, Shehechianu. Hope you enjoy!

I'm playing my Gibson Custom Shop J-45 1964 Reissue with a Fishman acoustic soundhole Humbucker pickup through an Ibanez acoustic amp. It appears in the video. (My Regal Dualian and 1994 Gibson 100th Anniversary Gospel also appears in the video photos.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

This is my umpteenth attempt at recording an improvisation in Bentonia tuning, just to give an idea of how resonant the Woody Guthrie SJ can sound when tuned down a bit. I did a much less rushed, 'less is more' take, with fewer bum notes, and then muffed up with soundcloud and ended up with this version. Still an idiot with technology, sadly, and nervous when re-recording. Turn up loud with good speakers or with earphones. My microphone is poor, but at the right volume you can make out the guitar's tone through the lo-fi/retro 1930s-style hiss. The Woody has sounded drier and more, well, woody on previous attempts which also got lost. Humidity here currently running at mid 70s and the guitar hadn't been out of its case for about a week before the recording session, so it does sound a bit glossy and wet. Also our house has extraordinary reverb.

Bentonia I

This is an awesome thread! love this idea. Hope to get it together and try and post something myself.

Just not sure how to get something on here though. I don't really have anything other than my phone or maybe camera.

That and I'm a little humbled by all the great talent on here. My chops are kinda rusty. I have been away from playing for over 10 years.

But it's been my experience that fellow musicians are more supportive than judgmental so I shouldn't worry.

I would like to see this in an electric thread as well... very cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was playing around with this last night. It was introduced by Bing Crosby in a 1960 film about a retired business magnate going to college, titled "High Times" (that name might not have been chosen just a few short years later). I know, I need a young woman to do the singing, preferably looking a bit like Michelle Pfeiffer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ah8V4iVAI

I was playing around with this last night. It was introduced by Bing Crosby in a 1960 film about a retired business magnate going to college, titled "High Times" (that name might not have been chosen just a few short years later). I know, I need a young woman to do the singing, preferably looking a bit like Michelle Pfeiffer.

Nice jazzy sound you've got there Jerry!

"I know, I need a young woman to do the singing, preferably looking a bit like Michelle Pfeiffer". [razz]=D>

Just for the singing...lol.

Your singing is not bad, you stayed in tune.