Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

We've a fella who comes to the open mic nights and does Hungarian throat whistling, are you familiar? It's quite freaky the first time....

Actually, to my shame, I'm not - or at least not consciously. Must ask Mrs Mojo, unless you can post some. We do get to folk performances, as there is not much else going on here half the time, and there are some seriously good magyar musicians round here. Nearest to throat whistling I've come is female dancers screaming at random moments during their performance. Encountered some last night, as we have French guests staying and the town is laying on all manner of entertainment. All very ethnographically interesting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was going to put a version of Jimmy Rodger's "Waiting For A Train" together, saw that Merle Haggard did a version, so I watched him on You Tube.

While doing that, I heard him do Marty Robbins' "Devil Woman"..... so I learned them both.

My version of "Devil Woman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f6mzIuP44A&list=UUvmCHAaDl3S4WXR0LytIYHw&index=2&feature=plcp