Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

A wee bit of fun from rehearsals while trying a new song out last night,

None of us really know the song that well yet, so will have to develop it a bit over the next week or two....

That sounds good PM...the sound of the 3 of ya is gettin bigger

not sure about ya new avatar tho..heheh

only messin...good one

I thought this might be an appropriate song now since the leaves are all turning brown. I put down some tracks for "California Dreaming" and asked my daughter to sing the lead while she was home from University for Thanksgiving (Canada). She is in her third year studying Opera singing. I'm rather impressed in her progress from just a couple years ago.

California Dreaming

Taylor 12 string

Gibson Songwriter

Squire Vintage Modified Bass

All other parts MIDI samples.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dan. I used to play a lot when I was young. Just started back up recently, and I am learning how to record simple stuff. The key for me is finding songs that match my cowboy chord repertoire and keeping it simple!

Like riding a bike.

Good stuff.

Song written by a very talented friend of mine. Wouldn't you know it, tuned down half a step and its still just a tad out of my range. Still trying to get the sound on my Q3HD camera to settle down - it will take me at least a few more trys to get 'er dialed in.

Song written by a very talented friend of mine. Wouldn't you know it, tuned down half a step and its still just a tad out of my range. Still trying to get the sound on my Q3HD camera to settle down - it will take me at least a few more trys to get 'er dialed in.

i liked that a lot dan ! and it didnt sound out of your range at all , i like that laid back singing , sounded real nice , shame u didnt give the hat more of the star billing it deserves though :-)

keep em coming

Nice one Dan.Good slice of life song and a cool performance by yourself.I usually miss stuff posted in this thread, glad i looked for change.I find i'm using the "high" mic setting on the Q3HD now instead of the auto...sometimes i seem to get better results with that.

he played that with his feet !!??

Yeah, he taught Jeff Healey everything he knew. A man of many talents, Bill. Apparently his seminal work with two guitars - the first fingerpicked, the second toe-picked - had Dave Van Ronk confused and believing that he could hear four flatpicked instruments playing simultaneously.

His talents extended beyond the guitar and songwriting. When he first came to England, his stint working on the Earl of Grantham's shooting range left him with the alias Big Loader Bill Owney. Rumours abound, but it is not sure whether the name came about because of his stature and unusual gift for inspiring poor shots to hit more pheasants, or whether the ladies were impressed with prowess of another sort. I have heard similar questions surrounding his further nickname, Big Beater, which he picked up while working on the Wragby Hall shooting range in Nottinghamshire.