Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Hey all,

This is my first shot at recording. I took up guitar 2 years ago and have recently tried my hand at learning some fingerstyle stuff. Here's a song on my HBTV. Let me know if you have any critiques/suggestions. Thanks,

Sean

My link

That was terrific ! I wouldn't change a thing - 'cept maybe give a nice little strum at the end to give a resolve, other than that - nice sound. 2 years ? Nice.

That was terrific ! I wouldn't change a thing - 'cept maybe give a nice little strum at the end to give a resolve, other than that - nice sound. 2 years ? Nice.

Thanks Dan. I've played piano for quite some time so that has really helped in learning guitar I think. Thanks for the advice, I think you're right that it would sound better with a strum at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

=D> =D> Well well done, sir! You have a mastery of the fingerboard I envy. Well done, sir, well done.

Thank you Buc. I very much admire your work on both guitar and uke. Here's something I have been playing recently. I didn't use to like this tune; renditions I heard in the 60's were overwrought or syrupy and didn't move me. Recently I heard a version of this by Scott Bakula accompanying himself on piano and liked it so here, modeled somewhat after Bakula's piano comping, is my guitar version on a 165.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK9-B8lfSM

Thank you Buc. I very much admire your work on both guitar and uke. Here's something I have been playing recently. I didn't use to like this tune; renditions I heard in the 60's were overwrought or syrupy and didn't move me. Recently I heard a version of this by Scott Bakula accompanying himself on piano and liked it so here, modeled somewhat after Bakula's piano comping, is my guitar version on a 165.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XK9-B8lfSM

J: That is a great sounding guitar, nice playing.