Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

Seemed a bit hurried there, Jason. Couple of bits seemed to be running away from you. Perhaps you should knock it down a few BPM.

Thanks for the tip. You're right, when I play it without my drummer I do tend to speed it up a bit too much.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It ain't on a guitar. It's kind of a Gibson instrument by the way of Bruce Weber/Flat Iron turned into Weber Mandolins. Angelina Baker - old time fiddle tune in "A".    

Well (gulp), why not?   I take myself out to a weekly open mic at a pub in downtown Asheville.   One of my daughters took this vid last Wednesday (both songs are my originals), and the guys playi

Flashback to 1998.....    

Posted Images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJcf8dWjVZs

Man, as fragile as a happiness

Wasting your sundays

Desireing equality and fraternity

Walled up in your panel world

Man, how much you have won?

Man, how much you own?

Did you guess it is sunday

In the toothed struggle for bread?

Will you go to find

A four leaf clover

Between your child and yourself

When all the words pass away?

And will your shoulder underlay

On its rounded world a fellow

Man, it is sunday today -

To sculpt the kindness.

Fight with stones and rods

But give your last shirt

May your heart stop your mind

Before you cast a close one

Smile again in that pain

Born out of a broken justice

Man, how much you own, how much?

What besides all that makes you happy?

Fortune, image, empty houses

Subservience of hollow objects

It is sunday and sunday is a church

Where evey thought shines

Man, as small as an univerce

Love every single (un)earthy instant

All that you have is inside you

And will not be taken away from you

Guest J-Doug

I just wanted to say thank you very much to all of you who have listened and commented on my humble attempts at recording over the past year+. I can't believe my songs have been listened to almost 5000 times. It really blows my mind. You guys are great!

Thanks for the replies!

Contrary to rumour, I didn't train the hound dog to guard guitars.....he took it upon himself......so don't be thinking it is just a softy Labrador between my guitar and YOU and you think you might have a strum of that old guitar.....because he goes straight for the wiggly bits and we are not joking!

True. Just look at that face.

And BBG, I plug into my Allen & Heath 4 channel mixer (ZED60-10FX), which is just a joy all around, then by USB straight to my iMac and GarageBand with no processing at all that I know of. I used my Shure Bullet mic for the vocal and my Shure SM57 for the guitar. The mixer has some presets with the common effects ...the 3rd one I tried is the one I still use. (a splash of delay and reverb in one effect, and it is GLUED in place now!) This is what I have used for all my tracks recently and NOBODY is allowed to touch the mixer knobs....

The theory (untested at this stage) is that the very same mixer and mic setup could be plugged straight into a powered speaker and used for gigs.

BluesKing777.

I just wanted to say thank you very much to all of you who have listened and commented on my humble attempts at recording over the past year+. I can't believe my songs have been listened to almost 5000 times. It really blows my mind. You guys are great!

Yea isn't the social media age amazing J Doug? Over the years I have heard and read so many artists complaining about their music being downloaded and them not making enough money. Boo fricking hoo Steven Tyler and Lars whatever your name is. What is it , you going to need another car? Another house? What are you being denied of? As for guys like us, all WE want is the exposure, we dream of thousands of people tuning in to what we do. I am humbled by the thought that my YouTube channel ( with over 115 videos on it) has been watched over 35,000 that's Thirty Five THOUSAND people from all around the world. HERE....on edit is my YouTube site which I am constantly updating (I have a new Springsteen cover done live yesterday afternoon at my West Palm Beach poolside gig...oh yea, here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyDiBattista