Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Here's a little sound clip of my Gibby 12-string I just acquired.... Recording done with an iphone last night.... To me the guitar just sounds amazing... Learned the song last night and decided to dedicate it to my bass player that passed this last September... He would had dugg this guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQp_uRHJeWs&list=UUN5fpMV5-njXJjntUdP6cww

recorded yesterday with my new old Martin HD 28 using a ZOOM Q4 in my bedroom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKLzIGE4tq0&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z13wfr4xrqrnixrcd22cvtr5zwzgevfmg

Krasi-

I echo the sentiments of Dan; your new/old Martin sounds beautiful, and I would love to hear it in a warmer setting. But your song is not limited by a language barrier... absolutely haunting, especially the first half. Thank you for sharing.

Here's a little sound clip of my Gibby 12-string I just acquired.... Recording done with an iphone last night.... To me the guitar just sounds amazing... Learned the song last night and decided to dedicate it to my bass player that passed this last September... He would had dugg this guitar

[Duane's video clip here]

Duane- That sounds nice. The little iPhone device captured it just fine. I'm sorry about the loss of your friend; this song has become a way to remember those who have gone on before us; unfortunately, I've also used this song to remember my main musical partner who passed 2 years ago. I'm sure you were thinking of your bass playing friend when you recorded this.

Best to you- . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQp_uRHJeWs&list=UUN5fpMV5-njXJjntUdP6cww

Nice sound with that 12 string-sorry about your bass player. Never a good thing.

My wife and I put this song together to enter the Tiny Desk Concert Contest on NPR. The audio is a mix of the digital recording made on board the Fender Passport Venue PA and the audio from the Sony NEX-6 camera.

That was cool, and cute. A nice oriental rug & wall treatments would help rein in some of those waves bouncing around(?), but a thoroughly enjoyable video. Loved the novelty of the typewriter; didn't notice Mrs F was sitting on a cajon until she spun around & started to play it! Looking forward to hearing more from you on the Acoustic forum.