Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to see and hear you back - the form seems to be fine.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Still enjoy that setting too. Who's the black'n'white girl in the center - Linda                                                                                                                                                                        

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 7:59 PM, E-minor7 said:

Good to see and hear you back - the form seems to be fine.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Still enjoy that setting too. Who's the black'n'white girl in the center - Linda                                                                                                                                                                        

Yes... that's Linda in the center.   It's an original drawing by my brother...gave it to me for my birthday in 1976 (I think),    Still trying to figure out how the forum works again....

Since I retired, I'm recording my entire repertoire for my grandsons who will inherit all my equipment.

I've completed all my current stuff, and am looking through old chart books for stuff I used to do  many years ago.

I am also still putting new stuff up.

Here's one I kinda like:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Since I retired, I'm recording my entire repertoire for my grandsons who will inherit all my equipment.

I've completed all my current stuff, and am looking through old chart books for stuff I used to do  many years ago.

I am also still putting new stuff up.

Here's one I kinda like:

Rob, it's great to see you back! 

Your wall posters tell great stories, and we'd love to hear them.

You could start by telling new folks here the saga of Peter Wheat and the Bread Men. I see you've got the jacket of "Pebbles, Volume 10" on the wall as well, which featured Peter Wheat.

53 minutes ago, j45nick said:

Rob, it's great to see you back! 

Your wall posters tell great stories, and we'd love to hear them.

You could start by telling new folks here the saga of Peter Wheat and the Bread Men. I see you've got the jacket of "Pebbles, Volume 10" on the wall as well, which featured Peter Wheat.

Thanks, Nick.   That is actually an unopened vinyl or Pebbles 10.   I have the CD of Pebbles 11 too...but not on the wall.

There are 2 books there too.... they're both in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, (I actually have the induction letter).  Kinda cool...not only in the books but actually on the cover!

There are several oil paintings and drawings by my brother on the wall....then, the old posters, of course.   I have several more posters, but no more wall!

Me & the J-50, (with a cheap sound hole pickup).

In the next few weeks I hope to have proper electronics installed and the "Gibson" (Kluson?) tuners replaced with Grovers...new strings and a check of the set-up.  I don't mind the current tuners, but the treble side is hard for me to turn with the advancing arthritis in my hands.

Song written and performed by Randy VanWarmer in 1979.

No one posts any performances in here..... you'd think with the COVID shut-down we'd ALL be playing the heck out of our Gibsons!

I've found at this stage of my life, I hear songs and they take me back to a place in time...not necessarily a "place", (Massachusetts is okay....wouldn't move there for any reason), but I heard the Bee Gee's doing this old song, and it struck me....it's really a good song.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a clip from the unreleased pilot of "The Square On Air," a local cable show that focused on regional music and musicians in the upstate and lakelands of South Carolina.  

And if you have the time, there's also the episode that actually ran - there are four performances in it.

Edited by rustystrings

51 minutes ago, rustystrings said:

This is a clip from the unreleased pilot of "The Square On Air," a local cable show that focused on regional music and musicians in the upstate and lakelands of South Carolina.  

And if you have the time, there's also the episode that actually ran - there are four performances in it.

So cool, Russ...but.... I wish you were someone else!

Just kidding.... An honor to meet you.

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to you most recent 3 on this thread, DanvillRob. All nice performances.

I'd not heard the First Taste of Texas nor Beneath Still Waters yet. Nice songs. 

I can see where you guys dig your HB 12'ers (used on Country Roads). It just "sings" along so nicely, for lack of a better word. 

On 5/20/2021 at 4:49 AM, BoSoxBiker said:

I listened to you most recent 3 on this thread, DanvillRob. All nice performances.

I'd not heard the First Taste of Texas nor Beneath Still Waters yet. Nice songs. 

I can see where you guys dig your HB 12'ers (used on Country Roads). It just "sings" along so nicely, for lack of a better word. 

Well....I wish I could make it sing like Jinder does..... he's a wizard, I think!

• 3 weeks later...

I was supposed to do 3 songs at my parents' church this past Sunday, but I had to leave town early for work, so they ended up with this instead. In the long run, a storm knocked out their video and they had someone else do a couple songs live. Probably better that way anyways  🙂

The vocals are a little dry/loud for regular listening, but for use in the service where people will be singing, it's needed.

https://youtu.be/nKOwl4dbM6k

Something I recorded today, (yes...those are pajama pants).

As you all know, I'm recording all the songs in my repertoire, and and now recording songs that I found in an old chart book that's been put away for 25-30 years.    Guess I'm into the "Alabama" section because yesterday I recorded "My Home's In Alabama".