Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this just to show how challenging this song is to do.    Makes you appreciate just how polished professional musicians actually are.

This  song was in my old chart book, (I’m certain I never performed it….probably wrote it out and said, “screw THAT!”).

On 6/8/2021 at 11:43 AM, Mr.Woody said:

I was supposed to do 3 songs at my parents' church this past Sunday, but I had to leave town early for work, so they ended up with this instead. In the long run, a storm knocked out their video and they had someone else do a couple songs live. Probably better that way anyways  🙂

The vocals are a little dry/loud for regular listening, but for use in the service where people will be singing, it's needed.

https://youtu.be/nKOwl4dbM6k

What a great job!

LOVE the guitar!   Great singing voice.... I'm sure that was a blessing to your parents'  church folks.

4 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

What a great job!

LOVE the guitar!   Great singing voice.... I'm sure that was a blessing to your parents'  church folks.

Thanks so much, Rob. I don't think they've used it yet. Maybe saving it for a rainy day lol

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, cqlove87 said:

Here is one y’all might remember! Played on an epiphone dr 500mv something of another. 

Good on you!    Good song.... nice performance....now do it again with your banner!

The Epi is a pretty danged good guitar for the money!

10 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Good on you!    Good song.... nice performance....now do it again with your banner!

The Epi is a pretty danged good guitar for the money!

Ok ok last one! At my Nanny’s house on Thanksgiving a few years ago. If you go to the 1:53 mark you will see her in her chair.

49 minutes ago, cqlove87 said:

Ok ok last one! At my Nanny’s house on Thanksgiving a few years ago. If you go to the 1:53 mark you will see her in her chair.

There is just nothing better than a person playing an acoustic guitar....some folk are listening, some aren't...that isn't what's important....the important thing the playing.

Edited by DanvillRob

• 2 weeks later...

I recorded this song 2 years ago.

I was in the throws of Shingles in my only good eye, so I was virtually blind at the time.

If you haven't listened to Judith Durham and The Seekers do this lately, you should look up this song on YouTube by them....doesn't matter if you hear them to it in the mid-60's or hear them do it in the 2020's..... sounds the same, all 4 members of the Seekers are still around, and Judith Durham's voice is a strong as ever!

As many of you know, I'm recording every song in my repertoire for my young grandsons.   When I started this project, I was thinking 150 (or so) songs.... But.... I found an old chart book I'd set aside maybe 25 years ago.... and so now I'm going through it.   I found this song in there... I doubt I ever actually played it for anyone back then...but, since it's in the book, I'm committed to record it.

I'm obviously in the "Kenny Rogers" section of the book.... I've recently recorded "Lucille", "The Gambler", "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town", and the next recording will be "Coward Of The County"   and "She Believes In Me" after that!

While the song sounds simple...it has a LOT of words....and a LOT of key changes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this is just recorded on an I-phone.  The guy singing is a buddy of mine who just wrote this tune (we'd only played it a couple of times) before recording.  The sound is obviously not great (nor is the performance as it's just to get a song down), but I will point out that that's an unplugged J-45 standing up to a new Jimmy Page tele though a not quiet vox amp. 

As a follow up to some of my previous posts, Gibson really did do me right.  It may not come out through the clip, but this guitar is both beaufiul and a cannon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 7:18 AM, mysteryfingers said:

Recently did an instrumental fingerstyle arrangement of “I Get Around” by The Beach Boys on my LG-2 Historic 1942 Banner Reissue. I’ve had the LG-2 for a few months and still can’t put it down. Just an all around great guitar. 

Sounds great!     And nice playing!   Wish I had finger licking skills!    Play more!