Gibson Brands Forums

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

duane v

Townes can be very dark...and I was not looking forward to recording this song,

It was recorded the same day I did The Mavericks "Pardon Me" cover and Sinatra's "Summer Wind"....but I thought it came out pretty well, (considering my limited guitar skills and singing voice).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I'd post this video I just finished.

Even Jimmy Page only did the acoustic version on a regular guitar.... this is 100% on the 'Bird 12-String!

This video makes up for 'good' by being 'hard'.

Glad I did it..... I feel my repertoire wouldn't be complete without it.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard this song posted by a friend.... I liked it, so I contacted the guy who wrote and sang it.   Talked to him on the phone for a couple of hours, and we exchanged many texts.   This song is the title song from his album "Tombstone Arizona - 1881"..... there are several other good songs on the album I might learn too.

His name is Roger Rabalais, and he's a good writer, singer and a good guy.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 4:10 AM, Pete Bell said:

Hi. I'm new here. My name is Pete and I'm in the UK, near Newcastle.

Here's a bit of the Beatles on my J160e. Hope you enjoy it ...

Pete that is fantastic, you have great rhythm, great playing. Guitar sounds incredible! More!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The dman said:

My first recording with my new J-45. I don't  play this song but it caught my ear and I just went with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4f0EHzggc

Can anyone tell me how to imbed the video into the post? Thanks

Beautiful axe!    Great job....I enjoyed that!

I do just what you did.... but for some reason when I do it, it posts the YouTube video right in the post....not sure why this one just shows the link....let me try it for you to see if it'll post for me.    (Seems to work!)

Edited by DanvillRob

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sunday morning I stumbled onto a reference to npr's tiny desk contest.  I read the rules, which require the presence of a DESK in the video.  Then I showered and dressed, grabbed my J-45 and my dumpster find ring-light/smartphone holder and a little TASCAM XY mic for iOS stuff and went into my workplace and set things up.  It's my song, but it's the spiritual descendant of "When I Was A Young Man," which my old blues mentor Steve Belew claimed is derived from the old Irish broadside ballad "The Misfortunate Rake."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I’m new to these forums, and I don’t play guitar… but my daughter does and i thought I’d showcase how awesome her Sheryl Crow looks and sounds on stage! This one was from last fall on a short trip to Nashville:

Justin

• Thanks 1