Gibson Brands Forums
duane v

Your Acoustical Performances!!!

Here's my 1st effort at recording a Bluegrass fiddle tune. I know I need to learn to play a lot faster, but that takes time.

I used my loop machine to lay down the backing rhythm & had trouble maintaining the same pace as you will hear when the loop starts again!

Nice work Lefty! I think youre doing just fine and that J-45 sounds great for bluegrass.

Im just getting into bluegreass patterns myself and I know what you mean, but the key is to getting it rights is definitely starting slower and clean and then pickup the pace once you have the confidence.

I found bluegrass to be fantastic training to getting a steady, right rhythm going, in addition to all the cool bass runs which also is really good practice. I foudn this training really helped me with playing more 'modern' tunes that we play out.

thanks for sharing !

Here's my 1st effort at recording a Bluegrass fiddle tune. I know I need to learn to play a lot faster, but that takes time.

I used my loop machine to lay down the backing rhythm & had trouble maintaining the same pace as you will hear when the loop starts again!

Nice work Lefty! I think youre doing just fine and that J-45 sounds great for bluegrass.

Im just getting into bluegreass patterns myself and I know what you mean, but the key is to getting it rights is definitely starting slower and clean and then pickup the pace once you have the confidence.

I found bluegrass to be fantastic training to getting a steady, right rhythm going, in addition to all the cool bass runs which also is really good practice. I foudn this training really helped me with playing more 'modern' tunes that we play out.

thanks for sharing !

Aussie, you are so right - Bluegrass is wonderful training for many styles of guitar playing. My annual visit to Kaufman Kamp is worth 6 months of solo learning.

Not soley acoustic...but close enough?!

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, jump to 2:40 (who knew an acoustic could sound so good with a distortion pedal - IMHO).

Cheers,

David.

I got a note on my SoundClick site last week asking for an acoustic version of Staind's "Tangled Up In You". So I took the vocal track off my cover version and recorded the lead vocal as a lead guitar solo on my SWD. I thought people might light to hear it.

Tangled Up In You

The guitar is tuned one half step lower (Eb) and then the low E string dropped to Db.

What a pleasent surprise ! I was literally listening to Aaron's EP this morning before going to work, my favourite piece of music right now.

Very well played, the SWD sounds great, really good clarity and warmth, lovelly. What strings are you using btw if I make ask, and how old were they ?

Ive been trying to have a go at country boy but came to the conclusion i just dont have the vocal depth to give AL justice. Put it in the cupboard for now, maybe a bit later.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it very much !

I got a note on my SoundClick site last week asking for an acoustic version of Staind's "Tangled Up In You". So I took the vocal track off my cover version and recorded the lead vocal as a lead guitar solo on my SWD. I thought people might light to hear it.

Tangled Up In You

The guitar is tuned one half step lower (Eb) and then the low E string dropped to Db.

What a pleasent surprise ! I was literally listening to Aaron's EP this morning before going to work, my favourite piece of music right now.

Very well played, the SWD sounds great, really good clarity and warmth, lovelly. What strings are you using btw if I make ask, and how old were they ?

Ive been trying to have a go at country boy but came to the conclusion i just dont have the vocal depth to give AL justice. Put it in the cupboard for now, maybe a bit later.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed it very much !

Thanks so much EA! The strings are Elixir PB Nanos 12's. The strings were about midlife at that point. I'd say about a month to two months old.

Here is my first recording with my new SJ-200. It is a bit rough as I did the recording rather quickly between shifts at work.

Doug

Doug,

That's a sweet-sounding guitar, and a great song. Is that the straight acoustic sound, just run through a board, or what?

Doug,

That's a sweet-sounding guitar, and a great song. Is that the straight acoustic sound, just run through a board, or what?

Thanks nick. [biggrin]

I recorded simultaneously with my iPhone and Sonar X1 through my Apex medium condenser microphone. In Sonar I added a slight bit of compression and a tiny bit of reverb. No EQ.

Of course when I edited the video/audio, I dumped the iPhone's audio track.

I recorded simultaneously with my iPhone and Sonar X1 through my Apex medium condenser microphone. In Sonar I added a slight bit of compression and a tiny bit of reverb. No EQ.

Of course when I edited the video/audio, I dumped the iPhone's audio track.

Very nice, thanks Drathbun.

You have the playing, video editing and production down pat, and then there is the added 'danger' of watching the new guitar. It is very clear!

I guess you have the facilities sorted, but it still would have been a lot of work!

BluesKing777.